Monday, March 24, 2014

Building A Transparent Pocket...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

This week we challenge you to be transparent. Will you use vellum? Perhaps share all the details of your project leaving no secrets unseen? Add a layer of frost film or use mediums that are not opaque? The choice is yours!

One of my favorite transparent products is vellum. And, one of my favorite uses for vellum is to create a memorabilia pocket. It allows your goodies to be seen, but tones them down just enough that they won't dominate your page.

Let's take a look!

We recently completed a big project at our house... a new deck! And by we, I mean my very talented husband. He really can build anything and it never ceases to amaze me. I want to document this new addition to our home and include his architectural drawing as well...

With all of my goodies and the vellum ready, here we go...
Here is the starting point for this page. The large vellum pocket will be the foundation, while the little before, during and after photos will be lined up under some vellum "windows." Finally, the little panoramic photo will be below that. Notice that in the larger "after" picture, it is covered in snow? That's right. He built the deck through wintery rain, wind and snow. What a man!
Alright. Things are moving along here. I have stitched down my vellum pocket and adhered the other elements. Now I am just adding in some vellum blocks as embellishment. I like how they pull the vellum around the page and reinforce the theme of "building."
Ah yes - this is something we say around our house quite often. If we need or want something...

"Let's Build It!"

Notice those are vellum letters as well? Perfection!

Some fun little embellies...
And now for some rub-ons! They are actually quite a bit transparent and have a vellumy feel to them...
See? All dotted around...
And there we have it!
Lots of goodies...
Lots of interactivity...
And a pocket of memories to boot!
I'd say that tells this story in a wonderfully transparent way!


So... now it's your turn! Go get crafty and link-up with us!

Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com
How awesome is that?

Here is my supply list :)


21 comments:

  1. Lovely layout Ashli, love how you combined your transparent elements. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove the transparent pocket!! I always have memorabilia to put in scrapbooks and struggle with finding ways to display them without losing everything. Great "transparent" idea!! Love the LO Ashli! Thanks for the inspiration :) -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I love that you have the plans tucked in! Great memory page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo many layers - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout, Ashli! Love the layers and all the vellum! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous paper piecing, Ashli! I love it!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout Ashli! Love the mix of vellum and transparent rub ons! So clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab layout, really love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just so gorgeous! I love how you did the mosaic of rubons on vellum. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this layout is so beautiful with the vellum and all. Very creative. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful layout, Ashli! The little vellum blocks are brilliant. And kiddos to your husband. What a gorgeous deck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet layout, Ashli. Love the beautiful soft color scheme and fabulous details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing layout Ashli!! I love the subtle colors and the way you incorporated the vellum and rub-ons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that vellum pocket! Brilliant idea for a layout and the translucent letters are soft and pretty! Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!
    You made me want to buy those rub ons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful soft colours and a wonderful layout...what's not to love about this, it's gorgeous Ashli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great layout and I love how the blueprints tie in with the "vellum-ness" (see? you've inspired me to make up some fabulous new descriptive words). I always enjoy not only your aesthetic, but also your subject matter. What a great project to commemorate! I feel like you're the type of person who truly appreciates ordinary days and little victories in life and that is a wonderful trait.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ashli your layout is a joy for my eyes! Every little detail is fantastic, vellum pocket is a clever idea! Inspirational work! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the vellum here Ashli! So many fabulous details and fun pockets.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...