Monday, March 31, 2014

A New Album... And a Video!!!

Hello, hello! We have a new challenge up for you over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog. This week anything goes! 

I will be back on Wednesday to share a little tutorial. But, in the mean time, I hope you will take a look at this little video....

I mentioned in a recent post that I am starting a new album for my girls. 

I hope to approach this album as a bit of a hybrid between art journaling and traditional scrapbooking. 

I want it to be... to them, from me. Full of things that I want them to know and that I think are important for them to remember.
To begin, a picked up an American Crafts Modern Album and set about altering the cover...

Take a look! (Having trouble viewing the embedded file? Direct link here: http://youtu.be/wPBrbjrt2Yc)


YAY fun!


I look forward to filling this up and sharing it with my girls...


And all of you too, of course!
See you soon!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! What a great idea for an album! Your cover turned out beautiful! I actually have one of those same albums that came all loaded up with a ton of project life stuff. I won it at a retreat and so far had no idea what to do with the cover. Oh, and I still maintain that matte multi-medium needs to come in bigger pots. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty cover! The new album sounds awesome. I'm excited to see how you will be blending art journaling with scrapbooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cover Ashli and this will be such an awesome keepsake for your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness this is sooooo cute and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!!
    I have an album using a similar idea for both of my children :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see more!
    The glassine has really piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cover...I know the girls will love today and in the years to come Ashli:) Hope you are feeling well and finding time to be good to yourself....anytime right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashli it's a beautiful ans sweet project! Your work hit my heart! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty album. Enjoyed the video. It's very sweet. Love the bits you've chosen too. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...