Monday, March 10, 2014

A Distressed Double Pager...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

From inking edges brown to Tim Holtz distress products, sanding paper to aging with tea stain – how will you distress? This week we challenge you to embrace all things distress – and have fun!

I am sure many of you have seen on the news that down here in Georgia, we have had some snows that created quite a state of distress on our warm weathered bones. We are not used to snow down here and when we get more than 1/2 inch, well.... the city is pretty much paralyzed. 

But, the kids don't care. They are completely unaware of the fact that people don't have power, or groceries. Or, that people are stuck on the interstate and that 30 minute commutes have turned into 16 hour adventures. 

They just want to play!

So... let's play with some distress and scrap up some of these epic winter situations we have had...
To get started, I have gathered all of my photos and can see that there is a double pager in my future...

When I do a double pager, I really like to look at it as one page. So... to make that easier on myself, I simply tape the two background sheets together on the reverse with a piece of washi. This way, it can be easily removed, but holds the papers in place and creates one large "canvas."
Here, I am just playing with the layout and I have penciled off a column on the left to hold my journaling. You know, so I can talk about how it took the hubbs over 6 hours to drive 15 miles and such...
With a plan in place, let's distress! Here I have my new favorite stamp and a couple of Distress Ink colors...
I have my stamp inked up with both of the colors and now, a simple spritz of plain ole tap water with give a nice softness to my stamped image...
 Ah yes.... that is pretty!
I then decided to stamp up some of those hearts in Black Distress that I can punch and use as embellishments in a moment...
  Alrighty! All those pictures are layered up with some lovely scraps and are back in place...
With a little extra background stamping for contrast, let's add some more Distress, this time in a painterly fashion...
A simple smoosy of the ink on my work surface, along with some water and brush and I can easily add some color around...
 Then, lots of little die cuts, stickers, and washi...
 Along with those stamped and punched shapes...
  Some little doodles around the stamping...
 And there we have it!

The left side full of journaling...
 With all of those fun photos on the right...
Oh yes... the epic "hashtag" Georgia Snow was not so fun for the adults, but the kids loved it! And... it certainly made for a great layout!

So... now it's your turn! Go get crafty and link-up with us!
Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.

How awesome is that?

Here is my supply list :)

16 comments:

  1. Love that heart stamp. Great double pager!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome double page layout, Ashli. The background you created is gorgeous. Love those precious photos, too. Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this layout is so beautiful it left me speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweeties!! I love love love the background too, so fun! Thanks for showing how you made it :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing double pager! Love how you make your own background! And your way of layering is so pretty! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty layout. Love distressing and love how this came together seamlessly. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful pages! Love the fun and creative background! Adorable photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome page Ashli! I love the way you arranged your photos over both pages and the cute embellishments you mixed in! And the distressing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashli! One thing that is so amazing about your work is the attention to detail!! Every single creation has all these super-cool elements that I would've never thought of. The complete piece is always stunning, but I am also wow'd along the way by those clever tiny touches that never cease to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layout, Ashli. Love the background you created for these super fun snow pictures. You guys have certainly gotten your share this year. And spring is right around the corner for GA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun layout! I love how you used that background stamp. Creative with beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an awesome double page layout, everything compliments the gorgeous photos and the layout is so beautifully done, with so much to look at...it's just fabulous Ashli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ashli ​​I've already told you but I repeat: you're the queen of Layouts and layers! Every little detail has a reason to be at the point where it is and your photos are always fantastic! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout Ashli!! The layers are absolutely stunning and I love that background. So many fun embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful collage of those fabulous photos, and I just love all the embellishing, threads, hearts, brollies, all in that gorgeous light, bright and frosty colour combination - the whole thing is simply enchanting.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, Ashli, for a layout about winter snow, you use a lot of spring colors, soft pastels. I like it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...