Monday, February 10, 2014

Printmaking Some Embellishments...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog.

It is Valentine’s week and can’t you just feel love in the air? Well I’m pretty sure almost everyone who reads the Simon Challenge Blog has one thing in common: we love stamps! So this is your chance to jump in and join us – whether you use a favorite technique or create a project featuring your favorite stamp – enjoy!

So for this challenge, I decided to turn my Sizzix into a little bit of a printmaking machine...

Here I have a 12x12 photograph that I plan to make the intro page for my daughter's album. I have also gathered my Gelatos and two of my favorite stamps:



Next up, I rub the Gelatos, while mixing the colors, onto the stamp...



Then, I simply spritz the entire stamp with a light mist of water, run it through my Sizzix as though it is a die, and... TA DA! 


I just love the way that looks!



To make the most of my color, I add another spritz of water and do it again. This produces a lighter, yet still lovely, result...



Here you can see how the circle turned out. I really like the way the more detailed areas imprinted on this...SO pretty!



Now that we have all of our prints, it's time to punch some shapes that can be used as embellishments:



Some hearts and butterflies...



Layering them up...



A few enamel dots here and there...



I then added some washi and decided to tone it down a bit with a wash of white paint:



The usual doodly doo...



And there we have it!


The intro page to my daughter's third album, complete with hand printed embellishments!

Alrighty! Now it's your turn. I can't wait to see what you do with stamps this week. Go get crafty and link-up with us!

Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com.

How awesome is that?

Here is my supply list :)

25 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Ashli! I love the 12x12 photo as the page itself and how you worked your embellishments around the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 12x12 photo pages. So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! the photo is so pretty and the way you showed it off is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. this layout is so beautiful! Ashli. I love all the pretty embellishments and the photo is so precious. Sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great tutorial for a wonderful project and the photo is just beautiful and compliments the layout perfectly!! It's fabulous Ashli... :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously LOVE the idea of the stamps thrugh the Sizzix. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty layout Ashli! Love the way you made the embellishments! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW.. Beautiful and very artsy. You are awesome Ashli! Thank you for great inspiration.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. ONe of my favorite pages Ashli!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great techniques…love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet picture and I love the way you embellished it :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "The usual doodly-do"! Your write-up's always crack me up. You make your creative genius seem so normal and hum-drum! But your artwork is always fantastic. This picture is gorgeous, by the way, and I love how you keep it as the focal point, but make it even better with the soft embellishments. And what a cool trick to use your Sizzix as a printmaking machine! I must try that...and I must compliment you once again and your fab nail polish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Ashli!! What a beautiful photo of your daughter, and I love that you highlighted it by using the large size! And the layered hearts create such a pretty frame around the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how beautiful! You never cease to amaze me. And what a creative way to use gelatos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is an amazing page, Ashli! Love the enlarged photo. Very cool technique with the gelatos, love how they stamp. Love everything about this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful prints, and they make such super-pretty embellishments for this fantastic intro page... brilliant. Love how you've added the wooden hearts too, and the photo is just a delight!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Asly I love your way to create embellishments! You are a genius!!!!! Wonderful LO as always! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layout and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tahnks for sharing all the cool techniques! Your page AND your daughter are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness. First of all ... what an absolutely fabulous photo. And then ... what an incredible way to highlight that absolutely beautiful photo. You have such an eye for texture and layout of elements. Stunning!! Pinned!!!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous layout Ashli!! Love the cool stamped images and the photo is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Ashli! What a stunning project! Such a pretty photo and I love all your stamped embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a sweet daughter you have Ashli...your page turned out beautifully..I love the hand printed designs you made then turned them into dies...very clever idea...thanks for the directions..

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...