Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Heart Banners, Elephants, and an Antique Show...

Valentine's Day is right around the corner, so I thought I would play with some handmade heart garlands and put together a page!

Here is my starting point... a lovely sheet of Crate patterned paper and some photos of my preggers self:
I want this layout to be about how much I love being a mom, but most specifically, how I love being a mom of soon-to-be-four. 

Soooo, before we build this layout, let's make a heart banner! It's super easy... some white cardstock, some punch action...
And a quick run through the sewing machine and we are ready to go!
Alrighty! Let's put this all together. Here I have pulled out some die cuts and such:
And now I just need to lay it all out. That little polka dot kraft bag behind that tag will hold my journaling:
Now, I'll be honest... I had a second thought about adding an elephant to a layout containing pictures of myself as a preggers. But, he is just too cute not to add. Plus, the irony of that is too amusing to pass up...
Now for those heart banners....
Ok, as if that elephant wasn't funny enough, I have now found a die cut that happens to be the perfect color, but it reads "antique show." The doctor loves to remind me that I am of advanced maternal age. HA! Oh well - it is what it is...

And... I do love a good giggle :)
Moving on... 

I have most of my layout in place and now and I just want to highlight some areas using a bit of white paint:
And that pretty much does it!
I love how this came together and had more fun working with all these bits and pieces...
And, I always welcome the excuse to use those random die cut numbers...
And to work up a little homemade embellishment...
Here's hoping you are having a love-filled week!

See you soon.

10 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous pregnant and I love the page. Perfect are the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout and photos of you, Ashli!! Love the awesome heart banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Ashli, and such a wonderful way to document your pregnancy. Love the banner and other little bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a neat layout. Congrats. You look beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The page is wonderful but the photos are so gorgeous!
    I'm going to make a heart banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No way antique.. You look so young and beautiful in your photos. This page is wonderful I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous~love the quick and easy banner:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I love it when embellishments allow me to work a bit of humor into a page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look wonderful, love your pages, they sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog your blog is very informative and I also putting here some helpful link about bandit signs. We create the marketing solutions for your business that work, so you don’t have to! Our most popular product is Bandit Signs: marketing signs made out of corrugated plastic, a rigid, weather resistant plastic. magnetic signs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...