Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Scrapping the Bits and A Video!

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of sharing a video tutorial on shimelle.com
...all about using up our scraps to the very last bit. I mentioned in the video that I had originally told myself that every scrap would go in the trash once the above mentioned layout was completed. However, I had so much fun that I just couldn't dump them in the bin...

I had to scrap some more pages!

I used the same technique that I showed on the video, but put other shapes to good use. As you can see, different results were achieved each time. Love that!

First up, triangles...
 And a heritage photo...
And an adorable Flair badge (from A Flair For Buttons) of course!
 Next up, I went with a circle theme, thanks to the prompting of my patterned paper...
And another heritage photo...
 It really is fun to put all those little bits to use!
And, I promise... the rest of the scraps did indeed go in the trash bin once I finished these :)

Thanks for stopping by and I do hope you will hop on over to shimelle.com to check out the video.

See you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Good for you for working your papers down to the littlest bits, Ashli! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you a comment on Shimelles sight but I just wanted to let you know that you truly inspire me!
    I am much less artistic on my pages but I so enjoy your pages. I also love how you don't have a
    large stash and how you try to use what you have. Even though our styles are so different by reading your
    blog it has helped me become more focused on the kind of scrapbooker I want to be. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so very much! Your sweet words truly put a smile on my face :)

      Delete
  3. Such fabulous ideas, Ashli. I love all the little bits in your Shimelle layout. So fun to watch you piece it all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve the bits and pieces and tutorial. Love how you get every bit out and that sometimes less is more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layouts and great use of the scraps, Ashli!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...