Monday, January 13, 2014

One of My New Loves...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge for you up on the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog. The Simon team is at CHA picking out all of the latest and greatest, so while they’re away we think it is time to cut loose and play! That’s right – this week anything goes!

And since anything goes, I figured everything would go too!

Yep - we have had so many fun challenges with Simon recently and I have discovered some super fun materials and techniques that I just can't get enough of. So, why not put them all to use on a fun little mini book project?

Every year, I make a Valentine Mini Book full of all the things I love about my family that given year. Let's get started on this year's, shall we?

First up - tissue paper! I hope you are not tired of seeing that from me yet. I just can't seem to stop playing around with it! Yes, it is one of my new loves!

If you missed some of the fun techniques I have done in the past, be sure to check out this post for more info.

Alrighty! First up, I have my tissue paper "pages" all stitched up...

And a pile of gorgeous Dear Lizzy Project Life cards for inspiration...
Now for some watercolor (another thing I can't seem to get enough of lately)...
And some mist...
With that all painted and dry, it's time for some sequins...
Remember, more details about this technique are in my "Rejoice" banner post.
And there they are, all stitched up!
With my main pages all set, I simply went through the book and added my project life cards, some doilies and a few other bits...
All stacked up for binding...
And there we have it!
All bound up, with hearts and alphas added...
And ready to fill in...
With pictures and such...
All about my sweet little loves...
It is important to remember all the big things and those little things too...
Life is indeed better with them!
I hope this has inspired you to head to your studio and play!
Remember... anything goes week!

Go get crafty and link-up with us!

Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?


Here is a complete supply list for my little book:

22 comments:

  1. Such a pretty fabric mini Ashli Love the colorful pages and the fun journaling spots that you have added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute! What a great idea! A mini out of a tissue paper, who knew :) love it! Thanks for sharing! Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Ashli! Love your tissue paper pages! The colours and all the papers you used are fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashli, you would never know this was made from tissue , must be so tactile. I love the delicacy of the colours that the water colouring gives, perfect for your design. Lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Ashli! Love the softness that the tissue gives the project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing, Ashli, the texture of the watercoloured tissue paper is fabulous! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving me some sweet words ... it's much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet...love the techniques and colors....thank you for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome Ashli!! Lots of MM awesomeness going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one of the prettiest minis I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool. I would never have thought of the tissue paper. It simply proves I am not playing enough. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool project! I love the sheerness and soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome book! Love that you added in the PL cards. This turned out fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your style! your book is amazing, i love the soft tones !!! BARbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun tissuepaper book! Love it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tissue paper projects are so creative and unique. I love your style, Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tutorial! It looks like it was SO much fun to make this! Super cute turn out too :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow.. the watercolor effect is amazing, Ashli. Such a gorgeous piece. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Ashli! I am pretty much in love with all of your projects lately. Tonight I simply gazed at the computer screen, which was on your blog, and kept whispering, "That is so cool!" Yep. Your skills have got me talking to myself. Maybe it's better that no one was here to witness that, but seriously- you are really inspiring me and I am so grateful for all the time and talent that's poured into your work so that I can benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Ashli...your Valentine book is darling! You are the queen of original. :) Love the water color on the fabric pages. The little tucked in sequins and all of your special embellishments make this book really unique! It was such a pleasure being on the Design Team with you. Best of luck on the new baby and here's to a very creative 2014! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! I love those tissue paper pages and how they take the inks is so pretty! Gorgeous pages!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...