Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Instagrams At The Fair...

I love working on a 12x12 photo as my base for a layout. In the past, I have always just cropped a photo to a square and blown it up to size. However, I have never tried it with an Instagram Print. Well, thanks to my friends at persnicketyprints.com .... just look at how amazing this turned out!

It's a "must scrap" for sure!

While this photo is somewhat abstract in composition, it is still an obvious subject matter. I don't want to cover up too much of the fun background image, but I still want to include some smaller photos on the top, to tell the story. And embellishments, of course. There must be fun bits and such!

So... I am pondering the layout here...
 Hmmmm.... maybe some white strips to ground things? 
I dunno - not too sure about this, really...
The white strips seem too jarring and that bright yellow word seems a bit distracting, especially since I know it is not a part of my title...
OK, let's re-focus. What about some vellum clouds under those photos? These Simon Says Stamp Dies should do the trick!
 Ah yes! That adds just enough to the background, without overwhelming things...
And now, what to do about those white strips? I like the idea of them, but not them specifically. 
Let's try some embossing instead...
This worked great! I did have to be super careful with the heat tool as to not bubble my photo, but with a little restraint, it worked out ok:
And, as luck would have it, that seems to have opened up my mind to more possibilities in terms of the layout and overall design of the page:
 Before I start adhering, I just want to do a little doodly-do...
And add my title, of course! Thanks to the sale at Archiver's (so sad, really...sniffle, sniffle),  I am now the proud owner of some brand new Thickers! It has been so long since I have purchased a new pack of alphas! YAY!
Alrighty! Things are coming along. Now I just need to futz around with a little cluster in the bottom left to balance things out. I think this Flair from A Flair For Buttons is indeed a must!
Maybe some of these birdies too? Aren't they just the cutest? They are Martha Stewart's, which I don't tend to gravitate towards, but these just couldn't be passed up. Plus, the buttons are pre-stitched. Huzzah!!!
 Yep! That did the trick:
There it is! My giant Instagram, from the Fair...
 All scrapped!
 Thanks for stopping by and I will see you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Love how you used the large IG photo, Ashli! It's such an awesome background! And you did a perfect job layering your smallerphotos and embellishments over the photo background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I keep hearing about persnicky prints will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Love how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super-cute! You are a brave woman. Most people would shy away from a background image of that size. But you not only did it....you did it fabulously! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...