Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Breaking Through The Block into a Grand Opening...

You may or may not remember this... It was a long time ago. Many months ago, which in cyber land might as well be a decade or so. I struggled through the creation of a painting. I had fun with that, so I decided to transfer that painting to a page. That was fun too! So, then I thought I might try transferring a page to a painting...

This page to be exact...

So, I set about to take inspiration from that and get it onto a painting. It started out something like this...
 And turned into this...
 And then looked something like this:
 And then, it took a turn for the worse...
 And I managed to get it back to a place that didn't cause me complete nausea...
 And then, I clearly lost my mind again...
 And then it sat, for several months, until I did this to it...
And it sat some more until one morning, about 3 am to be exact, I had an epiphany... perhaps it is just too big. What if I cut it up?

So it did. Into 6 pieces...
And it worked! Turns out that the large size was just paralyzing for me. So, I happily returned to mixed media painting bliss and created things like this:
And this:
And then I had another middle-of-the-night epiphany....

What on earth will I do with all of these little guys? One can really only hang so much on their walls before there is just no more room. We have just about maxed out our wall space.

But, I like making stuff. In fact, I love it! I love scrapbooking. I love playing with mixed media, I love making mini books and tags. But, the house runneth over....

SO.... I am super excited to announce the GRAND OPENING of my Etsy Shop!

But before you read on, I want to tell you a few things about how I am approaching this new venture. Crafting for me is a joy, a pleasure, and an outlet. A big part of what makes it so fun for me is staying true to me and just doing what I do. I don't plan to change that. 

So, what does that have to do with my Etsy Shop? Well, I will continue to craft how I enjoy crafting. I don't typically measure. I rarely use a paper trimmer. I like paint. Lots of paint. I am not a perfectionist. I like things messy. I like glitter. I am always so complimented when someone appreciates it. 

If it drives you crazy to see a crooked edge, or a paint splotch... you might not want to venture into my little Etsy land. Or maybe, you are a perfectionist, but you long for the ability to create something that is a little messier? Head on over to the Shop and grab up some of my messy fun :)

All that is to say that I am not going to make things with the sole purpose of selling them. Not a chance. I make for the sake of making. For the love of paper and glue. When I have extra, or want to share, I will add items to the shop. Each item will have heart and soul in it. I will not create in a production line fashion.

Now, this may backfire on me. But, I figure that if I LOVE everything I am making and if I am making it the way I love to craft.... then, if no one else wants it, I am happy to put it to use! 

Alright, now that we are all on the same page, let's take a look at what else you can find in my Shop

In addition to the Mixed Media collages mentioned above, I also have Tags:
In fact, I took the liberty of chatting away on a little show-and-tell video so you can get a good, up close and personal, look at my Shop's opening inventory...
(having trouble viewing the embedded video? Direct link HERE)



Thank you so much for reading my blog, watching my videos, and for your support!

I'll be back on Friday with some more info on those "Scrap Journals."

See you soon!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome Ashli!! I hope things go very well with the opening of your new shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you!! Wishing you all the best in your new endeavor! If I knew anything about Etsy teams I'd say we should start one together but I am totally no good at doing anything other than posting stuff and waiting for sales, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Ashli! I think you will do quite well. Your things are so pretty and original too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Congrats and Good Luck. I have a feeling you are going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Ashli!! I have been waiting for the day you did this - it seems like a natural. I also love that your focus is play, and things will pop up in your shop as you choose, not let your shop run your creative life. Now, the next thing I will be waiting for is when you start to teach classes! maybe online?? Just want to get you thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with what everyone else said! I think it's a brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete


  7. Grand opening
    Vaporkrave proud to offer Smoke Free Technology as an alternative to traditional cigarettes and other tobacco products We deal in all products related to E cigarette liquid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vapor Krave grand opening Saturday, February 8, 2014, at 250 NW Garden Valley Blvd. Ste.
    3 in Roseburg, Oregon within the One Champion Plaza. Offering cutting edge Smoke Free Technology such as personal vaporizers (electronic cigarettes) with a great
    selection of USA made e-liquids and plenty of accessories. Vapor Krave will be offering espresso, local micro beers, local wines, soda’s, great snacks and a wonderful vaping experience.
    The oxygen bar will be icing on the cake for customers wanting to try something new.
    Vapor Krave is anything but traditional, and will be a great place to hang out with friends.
    personal vaporizers

    Business Starting: February 8, 2014
    Street Address: 250 NW Garden Valley Blvd. #3,
    City/Town/Suburb: Roseburg united states
    Phone No: 800-956-9481
    Mobile No: 503-507-3420
    Fax No: 800-956-9481

    Also more details click here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...