Sunday, December 22, 2013

Wonderful Washi...

Ah yes.... the most wonderful time of year... AND I have been fortunate enough to get my hands on some Wonderful Washi!

Wondering what this has to do with the Simon Says Stamp challenge of the week? Well... nothing, really. We don't have a challenge for you this week as we are headed into the busy days of Christmas. However, half of the team will be up on the blog, come Monday morning, with a good dose of inspiration for you. The rest of the team (including me) will be up on Thursday with even more inspiration. So, be sure to check back in!

As for now, I want to show you some fun things to do with the wonderful Kelly Purkey Washi Tape 8 Pack that just so happened to find its way to my craft table. (Link to product below the post)


Ooooh... aren't they pretty all laid out like that? As you can see, I have placed the strips together on a 12x12 sheet of white cardstock and cut the page in half...
 Why in half? Well - so I could run them through my Sizzix with my Tim Holtz Tag die!
 And now that I have my tags at the ready, let's build this layout...
 I have a vision of a layered banner full of mixed media fun below my single photo...
Once I have a base layer of tags and paper frames, I simply apply a light layer of white paint to visually "push" these elements toward the back of the page...
 And with that all dry, I can play with some watercolors and Gelatos...
 Love that mixed media messy fun!
 And now for some more tags and layering to complete our banner...
 We can't forget the twine, too!
 Oh yes! A banner full of layers...
 And washi goodness...
I love how the colors of this variety pack lend themselves easily to some seasonal scrapping, but would work great on a regular page as well...
And there we have it!
I loved that so much, I couldn't stop with just one layout...
For this next layout, I continued to layer on the mixed media, while working in more of a grid design with the tape, and included some extra tape from my stash...
There he is... The "Banj." Ahhhh - he is a great cat indeed!
And finally, I had plenty of little die cut tags and bits left from my first layout that I decided to put them together on a Christmas card...
 See? A tree full of washi! 
Doesn't get much better than that!

Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too!!! Believe it or not I don't have a single roll of this stuff called "washi". but I do love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects - I love West Side Story - I had a dog named Chino.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the kitty page! you never cease to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome use of the washi on all of your projects, Ashli!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!!! Love the Washi and Paint idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These layouts are awesome. Love seeing the washi all taped and lined up in a row. That looks awesome. Love that you white washed the bottom layer and stacked more on top. And you used my favorite color in the second layout. Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some fabulous ideas about Washi. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...