Monday, December 16, 2013

Some Merry and Bright Stamping!

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge up over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. And...this will be the final challenge of 2013! The challenge is a simple one: use a stamp! We figured what better way to end the year than stamping it out in style! Background, sentiment, big, or small – all stamping is welcome here!

To get started with my page, I am simply applying some white paint through a Kelly Purkey stencil. I have an idea. It involves trees and triangles...


Now, while that dries... let's get to that stamping! I have one of my Simon Exclusive Stamp Sets here. It is a Christmas tree set with endless versatility. Not only can you create ornately detailed trees using different inks and layering, but you can also choose a more simple, graphic approach...



Likey so! See? Trees and triangles! I simply chose some of my favorite tree designs and stamped them on a sheet of white cardstock using several different colors of ink:



Then, I simply cut out those triangle shapes and set them aside.

Time to get back to that page base...

I misted and added some paint to my stenciled area, allowing the white paint to act as a resist...



Now for my title. This is a stencil of sorts that I made using my Tim Holtz alpha die. I ran it through my sizzix once using a thick acetate. YAY - quick stencil! Now, I am going to outline the letters for my title...

Merry and Bright indeed!

With all of my other elements layered up, it's time to finish things off with those stamped "trees."

Each one was adhered with a pop dot...

And some final touches of sequins and wood veneers were added...

And there we have it!




Some Merry and Bright Christmas stamping for you!


Alrighty! You know what to do now :) Go get crafty and link-up with us!

Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?




Here is a complete supply list for my layout:

24 comments:

  1. Adorable layout Ashli! Your textured background looks wonderful and I love all the little Christmas trees! Thanks for the inspiration and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking the texture and dimension on this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Ashli! Love all those Christmas trees and triangles. Supercute photo and the title looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layers of all the beautiful stenciled image and embellishments, Ashli. The photo is super adorable <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashli...what a very cute layout for Christmas! :) Love the texture and dimension you've added to this page. Those little trees popped here and there are adorable! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love all the withe and details in red, grey and gould - beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty!
    I love the dimension you add to your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful~you did have me going there for a minute~good save:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layout! I love how you made that stencil. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty layout, Ashli! Love the triangles that represent Christmas trees! So much fun! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. How FANTASTIC!!!! I love this and you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are always so clever! I look forward to not only your projects, but your totally entertaining write-up's, too. I love you are so down to earth and honest and encouraging all at once. It's really neat to be able to see the creative process in action and follow you through your artistic journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That photo is SO CUTE!! And I love the triangles masked in the background...they are perfect with the fussy cut Christmas tree stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super fun page and what a SWEET moment that you captured in that photo! Love the PJ's!! I also like how you layered and popped out select images :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the way you layered the triangles. Really a unique idea layering the same shape. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous - all those triangular trees give the layout such drama and movement - love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love that stamp set. I need to go check it out. Fantastic layout. That photo is just adorable and you highlighted it perfectly. Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love this layout and all the artsy fun you had with it. I am inspired. So enjoyed your appearance on PRT and hope to hear you again next year! Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much and thanks for listening!!! :)

      Delete
  19. This layout is so sweet! your picture is wonderful! love your background and colors you've used! I wish you a Merry Christmas! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know it's about stamping, but the tree had my heart! What a fabulous layout! You are an exceptional scrapbooker!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet layout! The photo is so cute! Love the layers of stamping and trees. Beautiful Christmas Layout!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a really lovely page, very cute!!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...