Monday, December 2, 2013

File Folders, Pockets, Tags, and Journaling!

Hello, hello!  It's Monday and that means it's time for another Simon Says challenge. This week we are encouraging you to get crafting with flourishes. But, I have a special tutorial for that on Wednesday...I can't share more just yet...stay tuned!

In the mean time, lets talk Christmas. Christmas Journaling to be exact!

Last Monday, I shared the preparations for my December Album
In 2012, I embarked on a major project to document my family's complete Christmas Heritage. It was a big undertaking and resulted in an equally huge, but treasured, 12x12 album. With all of those stories told, I decided to take a slightly different approach this year. I am going to keep things to a smaller scale, creating more of a mini than a full-on album.

But, that doesn't mean it will be any less fun!
So, if you missed the details of how the above cover came to be, please check it out.

Now that December is officially here, let's take a look at how exactly I plan to fit a whole month into this one little folder...

Lots of layers, of course!
 And interactive elements...
 Little bits and tags...
 And of course, envelopes!
 And more tags...
All of the pockets and envelopes are layered up, filled with tags, and adhered with the appropriate daily number...
A small Teresa Collins file folder was stitched into the middle of my larger file folder to allow for one extra "page" in which to layer up lots of pockets and tags.

Each tag has plenty of room to include a small photo and a bit of journaling...
 The 25th gets the largest pocket so that extra photos and goodies can be tucked inside...
The fabulous flair that you see scattered about is courtesy of the amazing Shelley over at A Flair For Buttons.

I can't wait to fill this up with my memories as the month goes by!
I will be following along with Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas, Jennifer S. Wilson's Holiday Storyteller, and a hodge podge of ideas from around the intra webs :)

I will keep you posted as the month progresses.

See you next time with a fun video tutorial for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

8 comments:

  1. This came together so beautifully, Ashli! I love all of the different elements you've added for photos and journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love all the layers and details... can't wait to see how you fill up this pretty DD.
    And thank you for your lovely comment at my blog.

    Greetings from Germany
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing your flourishes!
    But meanwhile, it's been entertaining looking at your new journal. All of the pockets and bits are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - this is interactivity heaven... and all those amazing layers - wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun, Ashli! That is going to be the coolest, chunkiest folder/album ever! I love all of the pockets and bits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember your large album from last year and it was fabulous!
    But I can tell this one is going to be fabulous, too!
    I love the layers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Ashli!! Your tags are always so fabulous and they look awesome in the album!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the little details and diecuts! It is going to be so much fun to fill this in over the month!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...