Monday, November 18, 2013

What Happens When the Raccoons Know You are a Scrapbooker?

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge up over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.

From Nancy Drew books to techniques that are hard to figure out just from looking at a finished project, DT member Andrea and her father inspire us this week with the challenge of “mystery”. Will you embrace your inner Sherlock Holmes? Mystify us with your technique prowess? Or perhaps your project ties into this week’s theme by simply mysteriously being unclear on how exactly it fits! However you choose to interpret the theme, we can’t wait to see your creations!

This is such a fun theme for a challenge isn't it? Well, it seems some raccoons got word that I was a scrapbooker because they gave me quite the story to tell while we were on a recent camping trip...

To get started, I have my background paper that I have stenciled on and a piece of a Heidi Swapp Memory File...
I love how my photo fits right in that window. Plus, it will be super fun to have an interactive flap in which to tell this mystery of a tale...
I noodled around my embellishments a bit and then decided to stitch an extra piece of cardstock to the back of my entire page for a little stabilization. But, I ran into a bit of an issue... the paper buckled... and when I was trying to fix it, I ripped the paper instead. Oh boy. 

Not to worry! I am going to embrace this and rip a fun little edge...
 It looks pretty cool with the stamping added to it as well!
 Some more little die cuts and some washi completes that embellishment...
Title and journaling added....

A layout all about the mystery of daddy's bag...
 Where on earth did it disappear to in the middle of the woods???
 Wouldn't you know, those pesky raccoons took it!
I tell you... they will try to eat anything!

Luckily, after a little searching is the bushes, we found it!
Very lucky indeed as he had just purchased it and it was no small change either!

So... how will you get inky this week?

Go get crafty and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?
Here is a complete supply list for my layout:

23 comments:

  1. Such a great way to share the mystery, Ashli! Love the bits and layering up in the corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashli...your mysterious layout is darling. Love the interactiveness of it! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun story Ashli! And your layout is fabulous as always. Once a monkey snatched a chocolate, still in its wrapper, right out of my hand, at a sanctuary. It was of course never found! I am glad you found the bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... Ashli, what a beautiful layout with all the great details. Love your fun story, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely interactive page Ashli, love the torn edges too. Great mysterious layout. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Ashli!!! So clever and beautiful too!!
    I do have a question.....which part is the HS mini file?
    Is it the frame itself that opens up?
    Is it the striped piece underneath (which is what I thought at first).
    I am absolutely positive I am over thinking this.
    Its the way I roll =)

    Love ya friend ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! It's actually a piece from her book, linked up down below :)

      Delete
  7. Great layout, Ashli! Love your fun style! And what a fun story! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful project, Ashli! I love the interactive parts. And the raccoon story is so cute. I'm sure that your girls will always remember the trip when the raccoons stole their Daddy's stuff!! :)
    I love reading your posts. Especially the "Oh Boy!" Moments. It's always fun to see how you make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the Racoon story and your page you made:):) beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab mystery! Gorgeous scrap page which will become an heirloom, popped over from Simon Says to see what your mystery was, tfs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun page, Ashli! I love the surprise tri-fold you created in it :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun Ashli! What a fun story! Happy you found the bag those little raccoon thieves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun page and topic!
    You really inspire me to add more stamping to my pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the interactive and folded pieces on the layout! Sounds like you had a mysterious camping trip too! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout, Ashli! I really love the interactive element and the flap for journaling. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a funny story and I love your layout, to get all of the details documented!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How Funny! Raccoons are crafty little devils! :) Fab layout, love the design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun and fabulous mystery, Ashli ... beautifully showcased on your amazing layout! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment ... so appreciated! Anita:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a cute page! love all the awesome layers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet page! I love you mystery project! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute mystery - glad the solution was so sweet, and you didn't lose the bag altogether! And what a great layout too... love how you tumble through those frames towards the photo.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha, ha! Your posts are always so fun to read as well as look at! I loved your raccoon story because I, too, can relate to the often thief-like nature of coons! Glad that you were able to come out of it all unscathed! And what a gorgeous layout to pay tribute to the adventure! I have so much respect for people who can make awesome layouts. And on a totally unrelated side note, that nail polish you had on is fierce! Love me the nail polish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...