Monday, November 11, 2013

Just a Bit of Inky Clean Fun...

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge up over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. This week’s challenge is a simple one – use ink! Whether it is ink spray or an ink pad, an ink refiller or maybe some India Ink pens – we want to see how you use ink this week on your crafting project.

I thought this would be a great opportunity to spruce up a little thrift store find! Here, I have a mirror with a wooden frame that I have painted white and spritzed with some color shine. The paper in the center is simply there to protect this already scuffed mirror from further damage:
With the color shine still wet, let's jump right into some of that inky fun, shall we? I love the bold colors of alcohol ink and the unexpected results it can give when just dropped around directly out of the bottle. And, since the surface is still a bit wet, it will flow and blend that much more...
See? That is some fabulous color, isn't it? I simply helped the blending along with my fingers...
But, I do want to tone it down to more of a pastel. So, some white paint and a little white washi does just the trick:
 Now, just a little bit of embossing to add some more yellow as well as some texture...
And now for the embellishments! This is going to be a little decor piece for my oldest daughter, who is in charge of the household laundry. She does such a good job, I want to reward her with a fun little surprise. This chipboard piece from Crate Paper is the perfect accent along with my "clean" title...
 And with a few brads glued on...
 And some contrast added with polka dot stamping...
 There we have it!
Some good, clean, inky fun!

So... how will you get inky this week?

Go get crafty and link-up with us! Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?
Here is a complete supply list for my layout:

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous !! I loved the colored frame and the paper pieced cloth-line !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous Ashli. What a fun way to use alcohol inks! Love the final piece which I bet your daughter will be thrilled with. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea I bet she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Love the clean inspiration for your daughter. :) The step by step is fantastic. Love seeing you create! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashli...this is a really cute made over frame! Love the pastel colors and how you transformed into them from the much brighter alcohol ink colors. Very cute "inky" make! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, Ashli, and such a cute idea for a reward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sweet altered frame, love the colours, the Alcohol ink works so well . Love the added embellishments too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This altered mirror frame is so sweet Ashli! I am sure she loved it. The black stamped dots add just the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! Thanks for the share! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH SWEET GOODNESS!!! This is just FAB!! Your daughter is going to LOVE this.
    Blessings sweet friend ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oww wow Ashli, love your funky frame! So much fun! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love! Bet she is proud of this treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute & fun project, Ashli! I'm sure you're daughter is loving it! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous piece. Ashli! I love this idea and may have to borrow it for my own wash room, since have that chipboard in my stash. Very cute! AND the polka dots were a brilliant idea. I LOVE those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a lovely mirror frame, Ashli. Very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet project! This altered frame is very cute and the idea is great!! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO awesome Ashli!! Love the look you created on the edging of the mirror! It gives it such a fun, distressed look! And the chipboard piece was a perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so cute!!!
    I am going to get inky with some of my foam stamps on a project I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I ADORE this project in capital letters! Wow! What an amazing finished product and I loved the way you created the frame. So clever to use white Washi to tone down the vibrant color. The blended pastels are simply gorgeous. I know that I would certainly do a better job at doing the laundry if somebody made me this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty alteration - gorgeous! Love the embossing over those fabulous inks.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...