Monday, November 18, 2013

Christmas Scraps and Treats...

My dear friend hosts an annual cookie party. It is seriously the BEST party of the year - always super fun, and SUPER yummy!

Well, I have my recipe all picked out, but I need to make some little treat bags and recipe tags...
Here's the thing, though... I can't stand making multiples of the same thing over and over. I need a way to make 12 of these puppies at the same time, or as close to that as possible.

Let's see how we get along here...

First up, lots of scraps and an old piece of cardstock pulled:
 Then, I simply cut all those scraps into strips and set about gluing them all over this paper...
 Once all of those scraps are glued down, I simply sketched out triangles all over the page:
 And cut them out! Twelve Christmas trees in the making...
A little cork scrap stapled to the bottom and the triangle suddenly looks like a Christmas Tree. Hooray!
 The stitching certainly helps too!
 A little misting, a little distressing, and a sentiment...
And onto the card it went.
And then I stared at it.
I stared.
And stared.
And stared some more.
Something was bugging me, but I just couldn't put my finger on it.
Finally, I decided that the stark white background was not the ticket...
 So, onto a misted kraft background it went. But, not just any kraft background, an envelope. That way, I can easily tuck my cookie recipe inside. YAY!
And stapled onto a little brown bag, complete with washi tape...

Yum, indeed!

Now, off to assemble the other 11...


17 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I hate doing multiples too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out great! The kraft was the perfect answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kraft is perfect paired with this pretty tree! Lucky recipients! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Christmas tree with the cork bottom. Genius!
    What a lovely little something for a cookie party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! So fun and creative. I've had this "thing" for little bags lately. These are awesome, Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great Love the tree, would mak a great embellishment! What kind of cookies are you making?

    ReplyDelete
  7. they will love them , super cute:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a very fun party:). Those look amazing. A couple more week until we get to taste lots of yummy cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun, Ashli! Love that cute Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE! i am going to lift this idea for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE! i am going to lift this idea for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE! i am going to lift this idea for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE! i am going to lift this idea for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE! i am going to lift this idea for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my this is adorable! The tree is fantastic! I love making bags. What a teat. Thank you for popping into my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who would not want one of these???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...