Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Roundup and Recap - October 2013

Hello, hello! October is nearly over, so I believe it's time for a little R and R. And by that, I mean...


That's right! Welcome to the end-of-month, newsletter style post, here at The Mailbox.

This is the time and place where I will share what has caught my eye around the web, things I am loving, what I hope to try soon, and more...

Let's jump right in, shall we?




I must confess, as I sat down to write this post, my mind went blank. Totally and completely blank. As in... what exactly have I done this month? Thank goodness for the archives of my blog! They jogged my brain and reminded me that I began a new series here this month...



Fitting It All In. If you missed those posts, you can find them here:

And seeing as my brain went blank and I had no idea what exactly the last month had entailed... it seems this series is especially timely. HA!

On Friday, I will post the next installment, all about priorities.

I have also been enjoying the new workshop at Two Peas by Glitter Girl. Here are a couple of layouts I have done in response to the lessons...

My lovely and amazingly supportive parents on their wedding day:
 And an intro page for one of my albums...
Going through the lessons from this workshop and really taking my time with each layout that it prompts has been a joy.



There is always so much fabulous inspiration all over the blogosphere and such! I try my best to peruse my favorites on a regular basis and here is what I found most notable this month:

First up, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer did a fabulous post regarding her favorite pens. And, of course, I now want ALL of them!
Next up... I first saw this on Pinterest and it links over to a very talented lady's Flickr gallery - Antoinette from Colorful Expressions

Now really... THIS is a calendar!
A little Google search didn't prove useful to find an associated blog or website for her. But, I am just head over heels for this beautiful work of art!




Ah yes, the brain is always rattling around with things...

Holiday things! Yep - I really do have lots of Fall and Christmas things on the brain. From crafts to cooking to knitting to gardening. I love this time of year!




I am excited to announce that I will be joining a group of Everyday Storytellers as part of a super fun Holiday Storytelling Project!


See you soon!

8 comments:

  1. That is one fun calendar... what a fun way to doument. Looking forward to seeing you on Holiday Storytellers! YAY Love this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. October was definitely fun and full of inspiration here at the Mailbox. Thank you, Ashli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new series! Looking forward to the next installment.
    And such a pretty page of your parents!
    Congrats on Everyday Storytellers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Holiday Storyteller class looks fun! How can I sign up for it? I clicked the link in your post but didn't see any additional info. Thanks, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate! Thanks so much! When this post wen live, registration wasn't yet open... aren't I a tease? :) But, now registration is indeed live! Click here: http://www.simplescrapper.com/holiday/
      Thanks for your interest!

      Delete
  5. Love the layout of your parent's wedding picture--really special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Ashli!!!! I just love your work. You are such an inspiration! I can't wait to see what you will do next!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the holiday story tellers!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...