Monday, October 7, 2013

Inspired by Tammy and Seeing Stars....

Hiya! It's Monday and that means we have a new challenge for you over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. What exactly is your challenge this go around? Read on...

If you’ve ever visited Tammy Tutterow’s blog, then you know she creates amazing projects and intensely wonderful tutorials on Tuesdays. We here at Simon Says Stamp and Show are feeling lucky because not only is she inspiring our challenge this week – she’s going to join us as well! We encourage you to be inspired by one of her tutorials or projects and join in the fun this week!

So fun, right?!?!

I had a blast looking through Tammy's blog. She is seriously amazing and there is inspiration to be found in every post. But, as soon as I landed on her Merry and Bright card, with the wonderful use of stitching and vellum, along with the layered stars... I knew it was the one for me!

To get started, I grabbed some vellum, photos, white card stock, and my background paper...
I then layered up the vellum sheets and ran the whole base through my sewing machine multiple times. Once all the stitching was there, I began tearing...
 And tearing, and tearing... until I had a super fun and textural background likey so:
 After a quick bit of white misting with a star stencil, I began layering up all of my die cut stars:
 Now for some layering with a bit of scrap paper...
 Lookin' good....
 Some finishing touches of mist, and stickers....
And once the entire thing was mounted on a sheet of white, journaling added, and pen work complete... there we have it!

With such fabulous inspiration as my starting point, this came together so easily. LOVE that! And I just love all the texture...
Thanks for the inspiration, Tammy! And thanks for joining us this week.

OK - now it's your turn... go check out Tammy's fabulous blog, get inspired, get crafty, and go link-up with us!

Remember... Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?

Here is a complete supply list for my layout:

16 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the vellum, Ashli. It makes for a great backdrop for this wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashli...this is really cute and I love how you used the vellum to create such a cute layout. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo love how you used the vellum too. great page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Beautiful - love this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the torn vellum layers and layered stars on your layout Ashli and I love the stitching which is a wonderful detail. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I simply can not tell you how much MAD LOVE I have for this page! The card that I made started out fully covered in vellum. It just about ended up in the trash pile. I started tearing off the vellum trying to save it and ended up with that half stitched half torn look. I thought it was kind of cool so I stopped and left the vellum that was left. To think it could inspire this fabulous page, well, that blows me away. Thank you for being a part of this challenge and for sharing your art. You and the entire team have really inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool page, Ashli! Love the way it's so creative AND functional! Gotta love that!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic page Ashli! Love the stitched and torn vellum and the very cool stars. Very sweet photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The torn vellum layers are wonderful! Such a fun element to the layout. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous layout Ashli! Lovin' all the layers and splash of color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore polka dots, but I've never seen them treated quite like this! What a clever idea to create subtle layers that still let the polka dots show through, but that also give the background such depth. Really great work here, which doesn't surprise me at all. You are endlessly clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely layout, Ashli. I love the layers of vellum and all the stars. Your stitches are such a great addition on ths creation. Love all the beautiful details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great 4th of July page, Ashli!! Love how you layered that Vellum and then added in the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The vellum layering with the stitching, spritzing and design is fab! Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ashli ​​your LO are always wonderful! you have an incredible capacity to make art all you do! I'm not at all capable of creating LO and I am always fascinated by your skill! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really pretty layout, Ashli! That vellum looks amazing and you're so great at layering and building up! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...