Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fitting It All In...

"How do you do it?"

"How do you find the time to be creative?"

"You must just scrapbook ALL the time!"

"How do you get anything else done?"

Oh my...

Life IS busy, isn't it?
I am a homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, gardening, knitting, scrapbook loving wife and mother of (soon-to-be) 4 children. Life around here is certainly busy! By the looks of this blog, all I do is scrapbook. 

Wouldn't that be fun?!?! Well, maybe. After all, you have to live life to have something to scrapbook about, right?
Those questions above? I hear them all the time. Almost daily. While I am certainly no expert in time management, I do know what works for me... 

Also, aside from my every day face-to-face interactions, I continue to get many an email regarding just this topic.

With that in mind, I figured it appropriate to do a little series about Fitting It All In.

Take a Look:
(Trouble playing the embedded video? Direct link here: YouTube Link)
I am super excited about this and I hope to see you here soon as we get started. Also, feel free to leave your tips and/or questions as we go along. I would love to hear how you fit in your creative time and any specific conundrums you might have along the lines of this topic! At the end of this series I will compile a "reader tip list" along with a Q&A. So, don't hesitate to chip in!
See you soon as we discuss...

This layout, was lifted/directly inspired by Jill Sprott over at Two Peas in a Bucket. I just love how fitting all the alphas in with the journaling directly mirrors the theme of squeezing creative time into our lives!
Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. So excited to see you doing this series, Ashli! I get asked the same thing...and even as recent as today! :) I think we find time for what we are passionate about. Some people are passionate about sports, cooking, fishing, reading, traveling, tv...and they find or make time for those things in their life. We all have some down time in our lives at some point during the day, and it's what we choose to do with it. There are other interests that I also enjoy and I know I can't squeeze all of those in, plus my daily job as a stay at home mom and homeschool teacher, so I rotate and manage what I do on different days. And, I have also found, that if I need some me time, that the world isn't going to explode if the dishes don't make it in the dishwasher one day or all of the clothes in the laundry basket don't get washed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a relatively new follower of yours Ashli and I'm so excited about this series as I also get asked this question about my scrapbooking too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect topic for discussion and a series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say I enjoyed hearing Ray Lynch. I used to have that CD but haven't played it in a long while.

      Delete
  4. Cool! Looking forward to the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you are doing this; very much looking forward to the series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashli, awesome idea! I can't wait...I have this feeling you are on your way to the big time!! And I want to travel along to see what you create. I will definitely be following this, as it is a problem we all deal with in our creative world. Some days I just have to choose to play over doing other things, so I have learned along the way that things don't need to be perfect in my home. If someone else is driving, I use that time to check out stuff on the net, Pinterest, etc. some days it is just getting in 10-15 minutes, or maybe painting something so it will dry overnight. We just need our own play time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat topic. Love what you created for fitting it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic topic. I am struggling a bit with this myself right now. Can't wait until you get started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great trailer and a well timed series for a really busy time of the year. Looking forward to it and sharing my tips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great video! Loved the music and of course your layout. I'm going to be using this idea soon, I've had something in mind and this would be perfect for documenting the story. I am so looking forward to your series. I think my biggest struggle is GUILT. I do try to fit it all in job, house, COOKING, family, activities, fitness, commuting two hours a day. BUT wow sometimes, ha alot of times I don't want to do ANY of it and just create. Creating makes me feel completly content and happy. So looking forward to your take on Finding the Time without getting 5 hours of sleep a night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great page and relevant topic. I think it's all about priorities truthfully.
    But life doesn't always allow us to do what we want.
    Wanted so badly to scrapbook last week, but my daughter was sick.
    It just had to wait.

    And congratulations! Is this the first time you mentioned being pregnant or did I miss a post?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea, looking forward to the inspiration!
    My creative space is my couch in the living room, where I have a small work table. All my scrapbooking supplies are within reach. I have systems for quickly cleaning up my scraps. But on the whole, it is a cozy, messy, creative space, always available for play.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...