Monday, October 28, 2013

Anything Goes For an Interactive Double Pager?

Happy Monday! We have a new challenge up over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. This week, ANYTHING GOES! That's right - we are encouraging you to get crafty and link it up with us for your chance to win!



Since anything goes, I thought I might try my hand at an interactive double pager. We recently celebrated my daughter's 2nd birthday with a super fun day trip to the local aquarium. Of course, we took loads of pictures, so I need a way to get them all scrapped in one double page spread...

Let's see how we get along here...

I am really loving large 12x12 prints lately as my page backgrounds, so that is my starting point:
 As you can see, I also have my additional pictures printed up at 3x4...
After deciding approximately where I will adhere my little mini photo books, I start the page design by stamping on my title/journaling...
 I just love the way that turned out with the white paint!
 Now on to the embellishing. I have a variety of Glitz and Heidi Swapp papers gathered here:
 And with some strips and some heart punches, things are starting to come together...
 A bit more stamping, in black StazOn this time...
Now for those little photo books. I just adhered the pictures to one another, front to back.. then bound each page with washi and another piece of washi over the entire spine to hold it all together...
Then, I simply adhered the back onto the layout using my Tacky Glue. I payed close attention to where these were placed over the larger image, I didn't want them to stand out too much, so I tried to choose areas of the large image that contained the same colors and tones as the small image on show...
 Some final touches of stickers, mist, and such...
And there we have it!
 A fun little spread, with plenty of interactivity and stamping...
 Celebrating my sweet little one...
 It's such a treasure to have all of the little moments captured as well...
And now it's your turn! Remember, anything goes... so... Go get crafty and link-up with us!

Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?

Here is a complete supply list for my layout:

16 comments:

  1. Using 12 x 12 photos is genius Ashli! These two look superb and I adore the white lettering. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the big photos, Ashli! Awesome two-pager!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the full size photos as the background for all the other beautiful embellishments and the interactive photos!! Fabulous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashli...your work desk look like mine when you are working on a project! I love it! haha This little layout is so sweet. Love the big photos and how you've stamped your thoughts right onto the big picture. That is such a cute idea and really infuses the thoughts right into the photograph. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you used two 12 x 12 photos as a base! And those little mini books with more photos are great. My son is so fascinated with the shark photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the alphabet you used on this piece Ashli, the white lettering works fabulously and I love how you have added movement too. Fantastic photos and you have showcased them wonderfully. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your double pager, Ashli! The big 12x12 pictures as the background is perfect. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fuuuun!!! I got those stamps a whke back and haven't used them yet- great idea to try stamping white on a photo! Inventive and original as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always put things together in the most unique and creative ways known to man! I am so impressed and LOVE those white paint letters! Brilliant! And being the color-holic that I am, of course I adore the gorgeous colors you used. The little flip-book at the top of the page was a wonderful touch. You've created another little masterpiece here and I always look forward to what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really awesome Ashli!! I love the large photos as your 12x12 background and that you used them for both sides!! And I love that you made the page interactive with the smaller photos!! Such an amazing double pager!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome page! I really love the extra large photos. And stamping on the photo = genius. Really love this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Genius!!! You project is so beautiful and very very cool! Amazing! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun and fabulous layout, Ashli. I love the beautiful colors and papers you used. All the embellishments are so pretty. Love those super adorable photos, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing layout! I love that you stamped directly on the photo. And the mini book...brilliant! So many inspiring details. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the little flip book in there

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...