Monday, September 2, 2013

Stamping a Rainbow of Clouds!

Welcome to STAMPtember, the most magical month of the year here at Simon Says Stamp! Every stamper I know has at least one stamping all-star in his or her stash. Whether it is the background stamp that works with everything or the ink pad you could never create without, this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog, we want to highlight your personal all-stars!

I took this opportunity to use my new favorite stamp! See this adorable set from Simon? Look at the cloud! Cuteness!!!

 Here I have a rainbow of inks lined up and I am ready to give this little cloud a work-out:
After lots of fun colorful stamping, I simply fussy cut each cloud out and began layering them up. What a fun rainbow of color!
 To adhere them, I simply ran a stitch with my machine down each row of color:
 And then I set about layering up all the fun little bits. I found that a few strips of washi were the perfect addition on the bottom of the page to balance out all of that colorful fun on the top:
Once I finished adding all of the bits and my journaling... I ended up with this! A rainbow full of stamping fun!
See how easy that was? With a fabulously versatile stamp, you can have a completed layout in no time!
Alrighty - now, go put your all-star stamp to use and link-up with us!

Remember... Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?

And in case you are wondering...here is a complete supply list of everything I used:)



30 comments:

  1. Super cute layout Ashli! So cheerful and colorful! Makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how colorful and beautiful this layout is. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashli...your layout is so cute. I love the way you've used that Simon Says Stamp cloud! The repeated stamping and various colors all collaged together at the top of your layout is super cute. The washi tape across the bottom really frames your journaling area. Love your design and the colors you've used. What a sweet layout page! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful ! I loved the layers of rainbow colored clouds a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those rainbow coloured clouds Ashli! That is a wonderful stamp. Such a fun layout and a great topic too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... Ashli, those colorful clouds are fantastic! Love your sweet layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow all of that from a cloud!! You amaze me!! Lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sweet! The clouds remind me of thought bubbles. I love how you have a record of her thoughts and sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! I need to look for a cloud stamp in my stash now and do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Georgeous! Love the clods and the cute decorating, beautiful picture!
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable image and those colourful bright clouds look perfect as a backdrop. Great layout Ashli. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect page and technique for a beautiful Vivi Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cuteness of this seriously has no bounds! I adore the clouds and the stitching was an especially clever addition. Thanks for making me smile with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your happy clouds rainbow. So full of energy! And the perfect thing to showcase that sweet little smile. Lovely layout Ashli.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun idea, Ashli!! Love the rainbow effect you created with those cute cloud stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeeek! I LOVE IT! Amazing layout! Oh wow I adore this layout! Love how you have utilized a stamp like this and the inks - I need some more inks now! Thanks so much for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in love with those layered clouds, Ashli. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That layout is simply fab! I love the rainbow of clouds. Looks so cool. Really LOVE everything about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is super fun!!! love the bounty of rainbow colored clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH MY RAINBOW CLOUDS!!! Wow!!! Love this....so cool, Ashli, and then the stitching?!?! Lovely!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That rainbow of clouds is just fantastic! What a beautiful background to your sweet and beautiful girl! Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute layout! the colored clouds are so sweet! And love that they are stitched to the page! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  23. You project is wonderful, but the photo ...... beautiful beautiful beautiful and so sweet!!!! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cloud rainbow rocks! I love the way you designed this! Awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ashli -- what a great layout. I love the idea of using a repeated stamped image to create something new. So incredibly creative!!!! Love the stitching that ties it all together. Just a perfect page :) Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...