Monday, September 9, 2013

It's Monday and Time To Learn...

Yep! It's Monday! And that means we have another challenge up at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. This week we are all about embossing... seeing as it is STAMPtember and all!

So, what am I up to this week in the way of embossing? Well - I have a little tutorial up my sleeve, so you will have to check back tomorrow for that :)

But, in the mean time, I thought I might show you what I have been working on for Shimelle's Learn Something New Everyday class...
Last year I did a full-on Mini Book with of lots of journaling and such. It was during a time that I had some extra things to think about and it was a great way to process all of that. It is so cathartic to look back on that book. So, I thought that this year, I might approach the class from the viewpoint of perspective. 

I made this vellum pocketed page that I will add journaling to each day. I haven't left a lot of space for writing as I am planning to read the prompt from Shimelle, read my journal from last year, and then write down a few words in response to that.
It is going well so far and I am really looking forward to completing this page throughout the month!
Oh yeah - and if you want to sign up for this class and join me, there is still time - registration is always open! 

That's all for now. See you tomorrow with some embossing fun!

8 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Wish we lived near each other so we could play:o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! I am going to have to try this next. New formats are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing take. I'm on the road and getting Shimelle's dailies. I haven't read them because I don't want to be frustrated. Love your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea, Ashli! I love a good non-photo layout and this is a great way to grow from last year. Looks like it will be fun to fill it out all month long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this project! I dig envelopes and this takes the cake. I really liked how you stitched the vellum and I loved how you changed up the tags so that it gives it some variety. Kudos, kudos on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all of those yummy pockets and stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...