Monday, September 23, 2013

Fabulous Kit... Fabulous Fall!



It's Monday and you know what that means around here... time for some Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Fun! This week, to celebrate all things STAMPtember and because we love creating, we’ve got a special treat for you! 

We’re having a blog hop with the NEW and exclusive Art Journaling Kit! And I can't forget to mention that it is designed by the fabulous Shari Carroll, who is also participating in the hop. Hooray! 

What is your challenge this week? Read through to the end of this post to find out :)

Here is a picture of all the goodies in this fun kit:
And, take a peek at this video for even more details:



I have to tell you, I was SOOOO excited when I broke open my kit. For starters, I had no idea that Dyan Reavely had released her amazing art journal in a smaller size! Oh the possibilities! Then, as I sorted through the other goodies, I was equally thrilled. From the paint colors, to the Prima Flowers, to the exclusive stencil... well, let's just say I couldn't wait to go get crafty!

If you follow my blog, you know that I have been working on a summer mini of sorts. I have so enjoyed doing a season specific little book like this! So, I thought I might do something for fall, but with a slightly different twist.

Fall is my most favorite season, but it is also a busy time around my house. I wanted to put together some sort of book to document why exactly this is my favorite season, but I didn't want to be tied down to daily photos, or documenting specific events. 

All that said, I decided to use that fabulous little art journal to create a mini book/journal full of images that I love from Fall... with plenty of space for journaling as well!

I opened everything in my kit and just went to town!



After removing some of the pages in the art journal (to eliminate bulk), I used the Matte Medium to glue several of the first pages together. Once that was dry, I used my craft knife to carve out a heart window...
That window opens to this page full of the lovely Claudine Hellmuth blue color that is included in the kit. I also had fun using the little Tim Holtz clip to hold my embellishments: 
 I set about painting, adding photographs and journaling spots....
 And plenty of fun embellishments...
 I also put the stamps in my kit to good use!
 And layered up that fabulous Tim Holtz ruler ribbon:
For the back "page" of the book, I used the same technique as in the front... glueing multiple pages together and then carving out an opening. The heart that was cut from the front opening became a fun embellishment for this opening, after I layered up plenty of the yummy paints that came with the kit:
When opened, a list of journaling prompts is revealed. These are the key words of why I love fall. I plan to reference them throughout the season and use them to prompt myself in my journaling as I fill in this book with my thoughts...
 And, of course, I couldn't ignore the back:
 Yes! Fall is FABULOUS!
 I do love it...
 And I adore this Art Journaling Kit!
I am so looking forward to jotting my thoughts down in this mini during the Fall season. Thank you for joining me!
So, what is your challenge this week? Create a project using ANY Simon Says Stamp Exclusive product. Any kit, any stamp, anything! Go get crafty and link-up with us. I can't wait to see what you make!

Remember... Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?
Now, hop on over to the AMAZING Mona Pendelton and check out what she did with this kit. I promise you, it won't disappoint! 

Simon Says Stamp was founded in 2002 with an interest in exclusively selling rubber stamps. It didn’t take long until we realized we couldn’t stop there. During the past 11 years we celebrate rubber stamping in its full glory by giving access to people around the world to a one stop shop. Rubber stamps still remain the heart of our business and we are celebrating by hosting STAMPtember® event intended to inspire, educate, and celebrate the greatness of rubber stamping. Part of the enticement of rubber stamping is that stamps can be used in creating orcomplementing ANYTHING! From stamping dates on bank documents and postage parcels in the early 18th century, rubber stamping has dramatically expanded to include card making, scrapbooking, mixed media, life documenting, art journaling, and many forms of altering and expressing art.

Here is a complete supply list of everything I used:)



53 comments:

  1. WOW. This is so fantastic. It's got all the style of a Soap House Mama project - and you've totally ROCKED the kit.

    I adore fall like you - and this project makes me giddy to do more fall crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Wow, Wow!!! This is amazing Ashli!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really amazing !! So many details n technique to look for I loved them all !

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG ... how wonderfully colorful and playful you've created your work!
    A Special way how Uused the scabbleletters ... great Idea I´ll remember it ;o)
    TFS ~~~ CU hellerlittle from germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, such an inspirational project! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is AWESOME! I just want to hold it and look through it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is truly inspirational. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What a great journal! I love fall, too & I love this idea of just filling the book with why you love fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Ashli, this an amazing journal! I love the cover and all the little tags,envelopes and our idea for it to hold your love of the season, such inspiring work! Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like all the other comments...WoW!!! Love the texture, depth and colour! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  11. FANTASTIC! Beautiful journal! Love the cut out heart from the page that shows up on the next page. Beautiful pages and cover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many wonderful touches and details in here, Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  13. With wow Ashli you have been busy with the kit. Love love the cut out heart and all the wonderful layers you added to your pages. The colours on the cover are very eye catching. Gorgeous texture and dimension. Your pages and cover look so tactile I just want to look through the pages . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Love it!
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing and trully inspiring! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow you really went to town with this kit. amazing job it looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!! What an amazing album packed full of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Ashli....YOU have been busy! :) I love your new art book! :) Your style is so distinct and you certainly maintained that free spirit through this journal. Love your cover! The circles, the stamping, the stenciling, the black accents of twine and doodling and the washi tape! Even your Prima flowers are perfectly placed! :) And the interior pages...well, they are really fun and fresh! Love the heart cutout and then how you placed the heart at the end of the journal. Very creative and beautifully done! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful variety of textures with the papers & embellishments on your art journal.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Ashli, this is amazing! Love that you used the entire book and the glued together and cut out pages are so cool. Wonderful techniques and details throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, FALL!!! It sure is fabulous, isn't it? Love the way you put your album/journal together, and really fab pics!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG so very fall !!!! I actually have fallen for the way u did the word "LOVE" amazing ideas !
    Hugs
    Pj
    lightboxcreative.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your fall journal is fantastic!!!! What cool elements too through out your journal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How beautiful and fun...great way to reminisce about a wonderful summer. Absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh my....this is gorgeous!!!! looks incredible! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  26. (Picking my jaw up off the keyboard). WOW! You created a beautiful, three dimensional work of art from this one kit! Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooooh! This is exquisite and gorgeous and soooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fabulous little mini book. So much in it and packed full of goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is absolutely FABULOUS !!! I have to say this is THE best blog hop EVER !!!!

    You did an amazing project !!! As we say in french : this is MAGNIFIQUE !!!!

    Hugs from Paris
    Lunea

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow....i love all that you did throughout your journal...perfect fall journal.

    ReplyDelete
  31. At first sight, it seems there is so much going on there, but all pieces coordinate so well. Lovely colors and layout! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is just amazing! Love it!
    Love the textures and the colors, layout.
    Thank you for sharing you're great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely love this project.
    Everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous book! I hope you enjoy using it as much as I enjoyed seeing it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful art journal. Love the tabs and tags and all the wonderful elements.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such an amazing book! I love all the pockets and envelopes and tags and textures. So many details to look at! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow... Ashli, all your pages are amazing! I love those fabulous tags, photos and beautiful embellishments. I also love the great textures you made. Such a wonderful project for fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. fabulous album! Love all the detail! So very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is so amazing Ashli, and I am definitely with you on Fall being fabulous!! Love your mini!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ashli! Wow! You blew me away with this project! Not only is it great quantity, but it's all quality, too! Seriously! Each page had me scooting closer to the computer screen to check out all the great details you put into this! Really beautiful and energetic piece.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow your pages are so inspiring and love the different looks. So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  42. LOvely work and lovely pictures! Amazing, love all details in your pages! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love this amazing journal ! Fall is my favorite season. I live in Texas now and it really doesn't get here til November LOL But I'm already loving the cooler (Less than 95) temps.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ohh my, you did the whole journal? Wow! I love it! The cover is so pretty! Love the chunky and bulkyness off it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wonderful project. Love the heart cut out. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow! What a great project! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I could get lost in this amazing post - it is full of goodness that I love so much. Wow, what a fantastic project.
    hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow Amazing project so much to see great colours and textures fabulous AJ

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  49. Holy Cow that's a book full of crafty GOODNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh my goodness! So SO beautiful! Love the heart cut out- your brushwork is amazing- fantastic details and all the shabby fun motifs I love in your work- perfect mini!

    ReplyDelete
  51. My goodness this is spectacular! Saw this on Pinterest.....AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...