Monday, September 30, 2013

A Man And His Cat... Such Sentiment!


It's Monday and you know what that means around here... time for some Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge fun! This challenge also wraps up a full and fabulous month of STAMPtember! We couldn't say goodbye to the festivities without getting a little sentimental... so, that is your challenge this week! Craft something using your favorite sentiments stamps.

As for me, I have some fun photos of my hubbs and our new kitty and I know just the stamp set to use... Simon's exclusive For The Record! And, my favorite Kelly Purkey stamp too:
 I have marked out where I will place my photos and now I just simply stamp all about my page:
 Ah yes! With the photos back in place, I am loving that stamped background!
 A few paper strips:
 And then it's stencil time!
 With my paint dry, the paper strips stitched down, and title all set... it's time to play with the embellies:
With those all set, it's time for the usual journaling and pen work:
 Ta Da! A Man and his cat...
 Full of sentiment!

See how easy the layout came together? By starting with a fun and playful background full of stamps... the rest just came together!

Alrighty! Now it's your turn.

Go get crafty and link-up with us. I can't wait to see what you make!
Remember... Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?

Here is a complete supply list for my layout:

21 comments:

  1. You are seriously the queen of layers, LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! love the gold stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is the sweetest page, Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this page! Almost as much as your kitty loves the man in her life :-) Like how the gold stenciling looks like paw prints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashli...your layout is wonderful! To see the process of how this page came into being is fascinating. Love the repeated stamping of the black on white. Then the added gold circles and washi tape looks amazing. The photos of your hubby and his cat are perfectly placed; as are the words! :) <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you stamped around. That is so cool. Whoddathunk. Love the page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Love the photos of your cat and man! Sweet design and the elements always work beautifully with the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fabulous!
    And I so love the colors on your page!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous layout Ashli! Love all the layers and stitching! Such sweet photos! Thanks for sharing your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a lovely layout, Ashli. The stenciled circles over the stitched paper strips are awesome! Love your great photo, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos, love your layout. The stamping in the background is great . I also like the stencilling and the touches of gold. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout, love the way you make your page! hugs, sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute!! Love the way you stitched in some cool borders along the side!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is surprising and different than what I'm used to. What I *really* appreciate is that beyond all the layers, the techniques, the stencils and the stamps, you have *journalling*. Not only is there space, but it looks like it is *important* and I like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Journaling is really important to me - thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  15. Your Lo is very beautiful, i love the way you used gold and the layers you've created! Amazing in every details! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colours of this layout Ashli, the touches of gold are just perfect. Great background stamping with the sentiment stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome layout Ashli! Love how you used the stamps in the background and the fun paper strips down the side!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your stamped backgrounds. This turned out awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome tribute to a man and his cat! I loved how much depth and emotion this page conveyed. Sometimes I feel like scrapbook pages detract from actual pictures, but your layouts always honor the pictures so well and make the whole "look" cohesive. This tells a beautiful story and I thoroughly enjoyed being inspired by it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...