Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Fun In The Sun Little Travel Mini...

Last weekend I had the fun time of an all-day crop with friends. We had a blast!
While I was there, I worked on several layouts (soon to be shared) as well as a little mini book for an upcoming camping trip.

I prepped the cover before I left for the crop by transferring that super cute Jillibean Soup paper onto some Sticky Back Canvas - a technique I learned from Claudine Hellmuth over at Big Picture Classes.
 I brought along a ton of scraps with me...
 And piled them up into this fun little travel journal...
 I plan to jot little memories down while we are away...
 And perhaps fill it with a few photos upon our return...
 And then I have some big plans for this little mini...
 I'll keep you posted!
Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Oh Wow this is delightful. I LOVE it ,could not be more perfect for your camping trip, the cover with the campers on the front, the little sayings, just love it all
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOWZERS!!! I love the cover!! And I love that technique. I need to get some bigger sheets of the sticky back. I just have the ATC size. This little book is adorbs and looking forward to hearing about your travels and your plans for this little beaut =)

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, super cute!!!
    I hope you have a great weekend as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes very cute! I absolutely love all the camping papers! so fun... intrigued with the transfer process on the canvas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't wait to see it finish. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that!!! The cover is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of sticky back canvas too!! Love the mini-super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you did the cover, Ashli! This is a fun, little mini!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful book! I love the happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your girls must love looking through these - I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow! Sorry to be such a commenter today, but wow-zers! This is my favorite one yet! I tried to do something similar awhile ago and failed miserably, so thanks for reviving hope that this can be done spectacularly. I've never tried this technique, but I'm feeling up to the challenge! Thanks again for sharing your skills!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...