Thursday, August 22, 2013

Still Documenting...

I am happy to report that I have been diligently keeping up with my pseudo-"Project Life" mini album! Yay me! If you missed my first post about this, be sure to check it out as I explain my little approach to Document Summer:

The month of July was full of busy, fun, and even surprising events. So full, in fact, that I ended up doing a fold-out page and an insert!
I simply adhered an extra page protector to the existing one with a bit of washi to form a hinge of sorts:

I also put that washi to good use in fashioning my insert!
This little page flips open to reveal many more pockets full of goodies (the tiny pockets full of goodies is what I love most about this)...
Likey So...

Documenting big events like my 35th Birthday, lots of rain, complete with a tree down on our street, our community Yarn Bombing, and working through an online crafting class with my girlies. Oh yeah - and the new sippers too. Very Important.
Another thing that just had to make a big appearance is our new kitten! He has plenty of real estate as the entire front of this insert is all his. Well, and a little bit about our poor chihuahua, who had to wear a muzzle until he got used to the new kitty (so he didn't kill him) and bless his heart, we nicknamed Pico.... Pico-Lector. Poor thing! I am happy to report he only had to wear the muzzle for a couple of days. Now they are buddies. Whew!
 Moving on....
With the left side folded back in and the insert flipped.... we open up to some big news! If you follow me on Instagram, you already know that baby #4 is in the oven. We are thrilled!
I started to run out of room just a tidge on this last page, so I ended up included loads of journaling on photos...
 And interactiviy...
 This little mini is filling up quite nicely:
 Alrighty... only one month left to Document...
And then it's complete!

See you soon!

7 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I love how you used the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Love the interactive and fun goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great news and really fun filled layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun Ashli!! And I love that it is filled with those awesome shipping tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome mini, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so happy to see your album featured at Paper Issues, Ashli! Love how this is turning out. So fun with the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get inspired by your approach to this - maybe time to rethink PL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...