Friday, August 30, 2013

Roundup and Recap - August 2013

Hello, hello! As August comes to an end, I figure it's time for a little R and R. And by that, I mean... 



That's right! Welcome to the end-of-month, newsletter style post, here at The Mailbox. If you missed the July edition, be sure to check it out here.

This is the time and place where I will share what has caught my eye around the web, things I am loving, what I hope to try soon, and more...

Let's jump right in, shall we?




  • I am still enjoying Hello Story with Ali Edwards at Big Picture Classes. It really is a wonderful exercise to be given a prompt that requires a bit of mental pondering and digestion. I feel like my layouts have become more intentional and my story telling stronger.
  • Here are a few of the layouts I have completed for class recently:











More details on those layouts can be found in my Two Peas Gallery.


In addition to that, here's what else I have been up to:
  • I am still forging forward on my Document Summer and really loving it.
  • Over at A Flair For Buttons, we are nearing the end of our No More Floating Flair Mini Series. And I have some fun things up my sleeve going forward.
  • I was delighted to be invited as a mixed media artist over at Paper Bakery Kits. If you missed the projects I have done thus far, you can find them here and here.
  • Speaking of mixed media, I finished up a project that I am just wild about! It will go live mid-September with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. I wish I could say more... but just know that it took a couple of attempts, I learned a ton, and I am jazzed about the outcome!
  • I'm still loving my watercolors and have a newfound passion for Claudine Hellmuth's Acrylic Paints. The consistency is perfection!
  • In July, I debuted my first video and I am happy to report that I have two more in the editing process!

There is always so much fabulous inspiration all over the blogosphere and such! I try my best to peruse my favorites on a regular basis and here are a couple of things I found most notable this month:





  • And, last but certainly not least... a few designers have been recently added to the Simon team that I am on and they are knockin' my socks off! Be sure to check them out. One, in particular is Andrea over at Snapping Monsters. I love when I visit a blog and never know what I am going to see. Her blog is just that! Full of beautiful work and beautiful surprises. She never ceases to amaze me! I mean really - check out this journal:




Ah yes, the brain is always rattling around with things...
  • Having a wonderful email exchange with a dear friend on the concept of time and priorities. I might put this into a blog series soon...
  • Thrilled to be starting a circle journal project with the above mentioned friend
  • Still pondering the idea of personal style and the fine line of everything looking the same. I would actually love to hear your take on this. I find it quite the quandry!
  • Still staring at and over-thinking a painting I have been working on for a ridiculous amount of time
  • Slowly pulling supplies and kitting some pages for a crop I get to go to this Saturday.
  • Thinking and chewing on lots of fall home decor project ideas
  • Wanting to attempt a rag quilt of sorts

Fall is in the air! My favorite season and I can't wait to get my craft on....
  • My take this year on Shimelle's Learn Something New Everyday
  • That quirky project I mentioned above will show up mid-month
  • A fun little mini-book for an imprompto trip we are taking soon
  • Perhaps I might just finish up that painting in waiting
  • The final post of Document Summer
  • A surprise invitation and some projects created to oblige 
Can't wait to see what all of you will be up to in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...