Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy Little Die Cuts...

It's Monday! And, that means it's time for another challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. YAY!

This week we are putting our die cuts to use. Whether you use a die cutting machine, paper punch, pre-made die-cut shapes or stickers, or have your own twist on the challenge we encourage you to join us.

I took this opportunity to put some of my favorite and exclusive Simon Says Stamp dies to use. Here I have my photo and my favorite dies pulled:

 A quick run through my Sizzix with some white cardstock...
 And then it's time to layer!
 I like the direction this is headed, but I do think the background could use a little customization...
 Modeling Paste...
 Followed by some white paint:
 And glitter, of course!
A final touch of gold mist and I am ready to adhere all of my little hearts and such. I am simply using Matte Medium here...
See how they are all curled up? That happens while the Matte Medium dries. Don't worry - they will flatten back down.
 Ah yes - lookin' good!
 Title all layered up:
All the extra bits added...
And there we have it! A layout all about my happy girl:
 I had more fun combining all of my favorite dies into one layout!
 I can't wait to see what you do this week!

Remember - link-up with us. Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?
Want to give some of the awesome exclusives a try? A complete supply list of everything I used is below:



20 comments:

  1. I love the way you alter the patterned paper! You're really talented, original and very very trendy! beautiful layout! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashli, love your Happy Girl layout. I especially like the die cut heart, very appealing and sits beautifully against your adorable picture. Love the touches of white too adding wonderful highlights to your page. Love the banners. Enjoy your week. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Ashli! The diecut heart, accompanied by all of the cutout hearts, is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashli....this is such a cute layout. That photo is adorable and you've really created the perfect layout to express the joy in that photograph. One really plays well off of the other! You've done such a great job of altering the background paper and great use of Simon Says Stamp die cuts! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet layout Ashli! Darling photo surrounded by all the pretty little hearts! Fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout Ashli! I love all those hearts and details. Such a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely design, Ashli. The die cut hearts are fantastic on the layout. Love your sweet color scheme, too. Beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! This is my first time discovering the "heart of hearts" die, I LOVE IT! And I love your layout! Super sweet :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashli, this layout is so fresh, fun and creative! I love the hearts, but I also love how you used the "happy" die too. Your layouts don't just tell a story, they make you feel connected. And that's a true sign of art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunning page Ashli!! Love the use of the die and the Vellum hearts are perfect! Such a sweet photo of your girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wow, and wow again - those hearts are absolutely glorious tumbling around the layout. Wonderful photo, and all your glorious spontaneous style singing out of every inch of the layout. I love it (and I may now NEED that heart die!)...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun layout! Love the sprinkling of hearts in different sizes and mediums. Love those dies too. I may have to go shopping now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an adorable picture and you've given it an absolutely gorgeous setting! I always enjoy seeing your talented techniques and the artful way you put elements together. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful layout! The picture is so cute and love all the layering! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Sweet photo and the hearts in all the different types pulls together all the different elements beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love, love this page! The layering and detailing is incredible. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous LO! Thanks so much for sharing your step by step directions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...