Monday, August 26, 2013

Dotty Fun with the Nice Kitty....

Hi there! It's a new week and a new challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. This week, we are gettin' a little dotty! From polka dots to spotted papers, stamps to dots made with a pen, or even embossed dot cardstock, we invite you to get dotty with us this week.

Dots make me think of fun and our most recent adventure full of fun was acquiring our new kitty! He is just the best thing and is certainly scrap worthy. 

To get started on the right "dotty" foot, I grabbed this fun paper from Fancy Pants Memories Captured, along with one of my favorite background stamps, my trusty circle punch, and some photos...
Oh yes - let's not forget the flair! I plan on using the exclusive Kelly Purkey flair badge on the left there. I wanted to show you the fabulous size of these badges in comparison with a more standard flair badge... the one on the right (from SNAP). The other great thing about Kelly's flair? While it is larger in diameter, they are also wonderfully flat. There is enough dimension to get the "fair feeling" without added bulk of a bigger piece. LOVE that!
Alright! Let's put that background stamp to use and create a custom background.

It's easy peasy! Just stamp using white acrylic and once that is dry, mist over the area with a neutral grey and then wipe off the excess:
With my background all ready to go, I want to give these Kelly Purkey masks a try. But, instead of misting...
 I simply used my pen to outline the fun speech bubble shape:
 And with some circles of vellum and white at the ready...
 As well as some more circular elements in the form of Basic Grey chipboard...
 I layer everything on, including the photos:
 Each little photo gets it's own stack of layered fun:
 And there we have it! Nice Kitty...
As you can see from the photos - this is THE most laid-back kitty around! He is so tolerant of the kiddos... and really let's them just do anything, which is why we picked him :)
So, how will you get dotty this week? Go get crafty and link-up with us!

Remember... Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?

And in case you are wondering...here is a complete supply list of everything I used:)



22 comments:

  1. What z great layout! I really like the vellum goodness! What a cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how layered and detailed your layouts are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seeing dots everywhere! :) What a clever way to use all sorts of dots and circles! Love the background paper. The painted and stamped dots are a cute addition. Those chipboard circles among the four little photographs also really work! Very cute! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooo Love this design. The layers and the dots are too much fun as well as the rest of the fun layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and fabulous layout! Love all the circles and dots on the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the circular elements within your design Ashli and the added dots too. Love the live, laugh, love text too. Great embellishments too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely layout, Ashli! I love the way you plan out your backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashli, you're layouts always make me smile.
    You have a great talent for combining fun embellishments and mixed media with journaling and photos. Once again, you've created another artistic marvel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun page, Ashli!! I really like this challenge. I have always loved dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a huge fan of circles and you rlayout is so inspiring with the circular overlapping design. Sweet layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the circle patterns!! I love coming and seeing what you have created!! awesome LO Ashli!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this awesome page, Ashli! Love all of the dimension and the circles are so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect use of dots from your background to all of your circles. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm loving all of the circle action, Ashli! Fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous mix of dots and circles Ashli!! Perfect for those fun photos. Love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your dotty take on the challenge! Your family is growing by leaps and bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am loving circles right now! Fabulous layout and the photos are great. Looks like you found a loving, fun cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ashli, Ashli! What a dreamy layout! Whenever I look at your projects, I am totally and completely inspired. Whenever I try to do a 12 x 12 layout, I go into a mild panic attack, but when I see such gorgeous pages like this, it makes me want to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh Ashli, what a super cute layout! love the little pictures, are they made with a little ZINK (zero ink) printer? I just got one and need to use it now! LOL! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the texture and colours. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, what a fabulous layout, Ashli!
    I love all the dots, circles, & FUN details!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...