Monday, August 5, 2013

Air Mail Full of Memories...

It's Monday! And, that means it's time for another challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. YAY!

From funky vintage postcards to old postage stamps, airmail patterned washi tapes to postage patterned backgrounds this week we’re all about the mail! Whether you want to use those stamps in your stash, get out some real postal supplies, or perhaps just make a card to send to someone dear we can’t wait to see what you’re up to this week.

I must admit, I was really stumped by this at first. I have only been out of the country once and I have already scrapped all about that. In fact, we don't really travel much at all these days. In hopes of sparking an idea, I whipped out some of the old family photo albums. It worked! As soon as I saw all the fun photos from Kyrgyzstan, I knew what to scrap about!

Although I have never been, my parents traveled there many, many times in the 1990's and I have very fond memories of the stories they would tell after one of their trips.

To get started, I have some Travel Girl papers, my photos and some Jenni Bowlin Air Mail stickers. Aren't those just the cutest?!?!
I also grabbed some envelopes from my stash. I like the idea of tucking the journaling in there and how the envelopes support the theme. Here I am just playing with all the lovely layers...
 I like where that is going, but we need a little something extra. I simply punched some postage stamp shapes out and have them ready to use as a mask here...
 Ah yes! Time for a little doodle...
 Perfection!
 With my layers back on...
 Let's do something fun with these stickers.
I have in mind a banner of sorts, so I cut each sticker out individually and just play with removing the border (the one on the left) or keeping the border (the one on the right). I like the one on the left the best...
Now, just a little twine stuck in the middle and sandwiched between the sticker and it's backing...
 And that gives me some super fun and custom air mail banners to hang across my page:
 With those in place, a few little embellishments from the Fancy Pant's Captured line....
 And viola! Kyrgyzstan... Forever In My Heart:
 Full of banners...
 And envelopes of journaling:
 I had more fun taking this trip down memory lane!
 And I am so glad to have these memories in my scrapbook!

Now it's your turn! Can't wait to see what you do. And remember, to link-up with us. Every week a random winner is chosen to win a $50 spending spree from SimonSaysStamp.com. How awesome is that?
Fancy a little air mail layout of your own? A complete supply list is below:

19 comments:

  1. Awesome use of the air mail trend, Ashli!! LOVE all of the fun shipping tags, you used on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashli...what a cool layout! Love the little banner you created with the individual mail themes stickers! The different envelopes that you used for journaling but also so meshed into your design are awesome. Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout- especially the banner and this travel range is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with those stickers to make the banner, Ashli! Fun way to do the journaling too with all of those tags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..... Ashli, this is such a beautiful layout! I love the pretty layers and tags you've added on it. The banners are just so lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love all the tags with the journalling tucked in along the top and that twine with the little postage stickers is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, girl! That is one amazing layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just amazing!!! I love all your postage inspired elements.

    blessings friend ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. Love it! I too have trouble with "mail stuff". I love the look!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout Ashli, love the tags for journalling and how you tucked them in along the top, lovely idea. Love all the postage elements too. A wonderful mix of elements. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute layout, Ashli! I just love how you turned the cute stickers into a banner!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Ashli! What a fabulous layout! Love all the tags and postage stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a layering fiend, so of course I thought this was A-MAZ-ING!! You layered with style and not only is it a stunning piece, but I also loved all the sentiment and memories behind it. Kudos on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty page! Love your busy style of layering. It's so full and so interesting to explore. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome page. I adore the sticker banners. That looks so cool. Great way to get more journaling on the page by using the tags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW. Wonderful layout. I love the tags and postal with the twine. Another awesome page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is a "wow" layout if I've ever seen one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Coolest layout ever! I love everything to see here! All the tags, the stamps, the photo!!! So cool Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this page- love how you combined these elements love how you misted then used a highlight fir the stamp shaoes in the background. live the tags and the twine- I love your work!!!! It's so inspiring- accessible, jazzy- it feels like you are having fun not just trying to find the perfect spot for that last sequin (that's been my problem when trying to design lately). Missed reading! Will be back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...