Sunday, July 28, 2013

Roundup and Recap - July 2013

Hello, hello! As July comes to an end, I figure it's time for a little R and R. And by that, I mean... 
That's right! Welcome to a new, end-of-month, newsletter style post here at The Mailbox.

This is the time and place where I will share what has caught my eye around the web, things I am loving, what I hope to try soon, and more...

Let's jump right in, shall we? (wondering where the usual Monday Simon post is? Not to worry! The DT is up with all of their fabulous inspiration and I will be back with a fun tutorial on Wednesday!)


I try to find time every single day to get creative. Sometimes it is only on the computer, or the iPhone. Other times it amounts to several hours of inky, fun play. Here is a little glimpse into my creative life this past month:
  • If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know that I have been enjoying my time in both Hello Story with Ali Edwards and Technique Toolbox with Claudine Hellmuth, both at Big Picture Classes. 
Originally, I was only going to take one of these classes as I was trying to be kind to my pocket book and I wanted to get the most out of whatever class I chose and not be overwhelmed. Well, thanks to some lovely birthday gifts, I was able to sign-up for both! And, I just have to say that they are the perfect combination for me. 

Ali's class is going deep into the journaling side of things. I love to journal on my layouts, but I was starting to feel like I needed to get to the next level and focus on scrapping more meaningful moments. Hello Story is NO disappointment! In addition to creative inspiration, Ali is providing many thought provoking journaling prompts. As in: "I have to think about this for a few days before I am ready to scrap it." LOVE THAT! 

As for Claudine's class, well - I do love a good technique and we get a new one every single day. I am trying each technique on a smaller scale and incorporating bits and pieces into my layouts for Hello Story. So fun! What makes it even more fun is that my oldest daughter took an interest in all the painty, inky play and is working along side me and learning all of the techniques as well.

Here are a few of the layouts I have completed thus far:



In addition to the above, here's what else I have been up to:
  • I am in love with the Pic.Tap.Go App! I filter just about every photo through this little app before posting or printing. It makes such a difference! Thanks for the tip on that one, May!
  • Speaking of Apps... I am sure you have heard of the new one, Rhonna? Well, it is AWESOME! It's kinda like a miniature digital scrapbooking app. It can seriously suck me in for a ridiculous amount of time :)
  • When I am not sucked into my fun new Apps, I have been trucking away on my Document Summer and still enjoying that process.
  • Over at A Flair For Buttons, we just finished our fourth posting in the No More Floating Flair Mini Series. I am having so much fun with that!
  • I spent lots of time online this past month viewing all of the lovely new CHA goodies and pinning my must-haves to my "Want It, Need It, Have to Have It" Pinterest Board.
  • My favorite technique right now seems to be adding little touches of watercolor here and there, in addition to using my stamps more.
  • And, I have even started to play around with shooting some videos of my process!

There is always so much fabulous inspiration all over the blogosphere and such! I try my best to peruse my favorites on a regular basis and here are a couple of things I found most notable this month:
  • I am always inspired when I see something I have never seen before. That is often the case when I visit Chantal's Blog over at Girls Just Wanna Scrapbook and this layout was certainly NO exception. The composition, combined with all of those photos, lovely layering, and stitched flowers are all just fabulous!
I am in LOVE with those stitched flowers!
  • We are half-way to Christmas and CHA has me planning and plotting all things December Daily. Ruth Bonser put together a fun Christmas In July Blog Hop full of gorgeous and practical inspiration for getting last year's Christmas projects finished up so that you can be ready for this year:


Ah yes, the brain is always rattling around with things...
  • Wanting to scrap, and laying out in my head, a page containing some of my old business cards... inspired by Hello Story, of course!
  • Pulling supplies and printing photos for a mini book that I have on my mind
  • Pondering the idea of personal style and the fine line of everything looking the same
  • Staring at and over-thinking a painting I have been working on for a ridiculous amount of time
  • Wanting to start using more fabric in my projects
  • Thinking about how it will take time getting used to the sound of my own voice on video :)
  • Milling around some fun design team assignments and thinking that my stamps and punches are going to be getting a major workout
August is rapidly approaching and I have some fun things up my sleeve:

Can't wait to see what all of you will be up to in August!


11 comments:

  1. great pages!! You always do the coolest stuff!! Love the look of the journaling on the history one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cool pages, Ashli! Looking forward to what you have in store for August. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages girl!! Really looking forward to your first video WOOT!! And all you have coming up in August. I LOVE this newsletter. Great idea.

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo you've gone all pro blogger on us. I love that top layout and have been flumaxed by what to do with old family history pics when you don't know the story behind the pic- but I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo where do find time to do all this??? Love your pages and looking forward to your video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your recap idea and projects! :)
    My brain is always rattling around, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! There is always so much more going on than meets the eye, isn't there? :) I am also digging Hello Story and trying to work my way through a few layouts too. Sounds like more fun to come in August! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and WOW.. your projects are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your newslwtter! I love all of hour layouts at hello story. So cool how you are combing the two classes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always enjoy your take on things - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...