Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Project WHAT???

Ahhh yes - Project Life. I don't do it. But, I love the look of it. All those pockets full of fun. The little bits. I could go on and on...

I have tried my hand at traditional scrapping, Project Life style. And I even utilized lots of pocketed page protectors when finishing up my Disney album.

However, I have never really tried my hand at the day-to-day, fill pockets with receipts and goodness, type of approach. 

Now, don't fall out of your chair just yet. I'm not planning on embarking into a full-on PL. It just doesn't work for the way I like to work. 

But, I do think I could try my hand at some sort of similar little idea...

So, a couple months back, I made myself a little kit of pattern papers:
And cut down some baseball card protectors to an 8x8 size:
And started laying out my little project...
With pockets full of journaling...
And interactivity...
I even remembered to save some business cards to tuck in:
I stamped...
And journaled some more...
  As I began my Document Summer 2013 mini album!
I love how the clear cover with the stamping opens to this cover full of Elle's Studio and Studio Calico goodness. And can I just say, that the whole measuring and cutting thing is for the birds! I have a really nice trimmer. The blade is even lit. Lit, people! I CAN NOT cut a straight and even line to save my life on that thing! I hardly ever use it, I just grab for my scissors instead. After finally getting a rectangle properly cut, I just used it as a template and cut the rest of these pieces by hand. Works for me!
I love how June's spread came together!
All those little pockets of fun and flair - a bit like mini layouts:
Documenting the small and a little of the big...

 All in one little mini...
I will do one spread per month and take it through August, with the final page on the back being for extra journaling and such.

It has been fun (when I remember, ha!) to take the random photos, save receipts, and gather ephemera. I have been trying to remember to keep some notes here and there too, so that I am prepared at the end of each month to put my spread together.

It's actually really fun! And, I am so excited to have this to look back on our 2013 Summer :)

I'll keep you posted as I go along!

16 comments:

  1. Adorable! I don't do project life either. But this is really inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good way of doing it and I like that you can document that smaller things that might not make it onto a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on PL. While I love the look of PL, I just really like my 12x12 traditional layouts. I think it might be fun to mix a PL page protector in with my layouts every now and then though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each one is like a little mini layout and perfectly shows your style, Ashli! I'm about to embark on my very first PL page (for a DT assignment). Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on this. Such a fun way to document the day to day of summer. My favorite thing about PL is that it gives me a place to include the bits and pieces and ephemera then and there, when it happened. So much fun to look back on later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cool. :) I love this idea. I'm not a PL person myself. In fact, I jokingly refer to it as the "Borg". LOL. I think I might do something similar for fall, since that's my very favorite season. Thanks for the inspiration! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that this is so "you". It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME!! You made it your own like it should. Just love it! All the textures, the little life moments and big. Rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to attempt this also Ashli, only I am just going to add the page protectors in with my 12 x 12 album, especially when I have extra photo's that I don't necessarily want to scrap on a whole page, but want to include in my album. Great work as usual! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just brilliant - the pockets look so cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, so when are you going to market Project SoapHousemama??? Sign me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What? What?? Project Summer???! Awesome Gurl!!! This is fantabulous!! I love what you've done here - it rocks the hizz-ouse for sure. All your pockets are amazing and totally true to your style. No rules, no fuss, no muss - yup that is what Project whatever should be about :D You know how I roll with it ;) Looking forward to seeing the rest of the summer unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey girl, I love this to pieces! I featured it on today's Paper Issues blog post! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...