Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oh Dear...

I think we all have them. You know, those moments when we are working on a project and we say to ourselves... "Oh, dear..." 

As in - "Oh dear, what have I done?" 
Or even - "Oh dear, how am I going to save this?"

I frequently get comments here to that effect too! HA! The most common of which goes something like this: "I thought you had lost your mind, but somehow it all came together!"

That makes me smile. Why? Because really, when it comes down to it, one of the best ways to learn and grow, is to try...
to not be afraid of making mistakes, and to learn how to work past the mistakes when we make them!

In fact, some of the following "oh dear" moments might look familiar to you: 
(click on any image to see the full post)

Buckling paper and such...
Or a mound of gloppy sequins:
A mixed media mess:Buttons and embossing powder?UTEE and alcohol ink?Or maybe sequins on fishing line with dots of glossy accents in between?Ah yes - there is always the rainbow of feathers stuck in gloppy paint:And then there is this...

This is a project I was working on just recently. And while this looks interesting, I really had to take a step back and think about what direction to go in.

Because for me, in that moment above, I really was thinking... "Oh dear!"

That actually happens a lot! But, after a bit of pondering... I realized that there are several things that all of the above moments have in common....

Several similar steps toward the "oh dear" moment...
and many similar steps toward fixing it!

Check back on Friday to find out more about that and to see how I worked past that last drippy mess to create a finished page that I actually really like!

See you soon!



5 comments:

  1. Ha!! I remember some of these :) :) I honestly think that at some point, during every project I create...I have one of these moments. So glad I have learned to push through it - my motto is don't stop until you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely have had some of those!!
    In fact one just this past weekend, and I followed my son's advice and actually saved it. :)
    Was planning on posting mine Friday, too, if I can get a photo in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your drippy mess and I can't wait to see what you do with it! I have been having a lot of "oh, dear!" moments lately. But you are right, you need to stretch and go with it and learn how to turn it around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had many "oh dear" moments. I'm able to work through about 95% of them. The other 5% ends up in the recycling bin. LOL! Can't wait to see how your project turns out. You always makes these saves look so purposeful and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's all good when you do it!! Lol!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...