Thursday, June 27, 2013

Layout Love - June 2013

June is just about past us and that means it's time for Layout Love! Wait.... what? No Linky?
Ah yes - you read that right! 
This month marks 18 installments of #LLL - that's 18 rounds of tags and random RAK. Not to mention hundreds of fabulous link-ups from all of you!

But, it's time to change things up. 
With this post we say goodbye to #LLL....
And hello to a new little something that we will call "Monthly R and R" - 
the R and R standing for Roundup and Recap.

But before we get to the details on all of that, let's take a look at some unblogged layouts!

June was full of scrapping fun...
I pulled some more leftover letter stickers to create title prompts:








And dove right into Camp Scrap with May Flaum...
Using inspiration from all things Campy and Scrappy, I created some album cover pages:

 Put my stamps to use:


 Played around with layering:
 Used some sketches:


Put some of the stash to good use:
 Focused on telling some important stories:




 "Stepped" out of my comfort zone:


Scrapped some ephemera:
 Lots...
 And Lots...
 And Lots...


Of ephemera...
And I just had the best time!
Whew! That was a scrappy month full of fun!








And so marks 18 months of Layout Love Linky and 18 months of tag fun:

I won't stop making tags. I am thinking a tag tutorial will still end up in The Mailbox from time to time :)

That tag up there on the bottom right will be sent out to our lucky winner, Katie! I just love the fun colors and textures in her mini. Katie blogs at punkprojects.com. Be sure to check it out!

Katie, I will also be sending you the Travel Girl ephemera pack from October Afternoon...
Just a little thank you for reading here at The Mailbox and for linking up :) Katie, please email me: soaphouse at gmail dot com - with your address, so I can send you your goodies!

Now - what's this Monthly R and R (#MonthlyRR) that I speak of?

I'm so glad you asked! A lot happens in a month, ya know? Cool things on the web, brilliant and inspiring blog posts, new products, favorite techniques, and layouts that didn't get their own blog post here at Purple Mailbox. 

So.... #MonthlyRR will be a newsletter of sorts, highlighting all of the above and maybe just some random fun. The Roundup and Recap will be posted once a month toward the end of each month. It is destined to be a longer post - much like this one! HA! 

You all are so inspiring. I have so enjoyed visiting your blogs and seeing your favorite projects each month. And... I look forward to highlighting some of your awesomeness in future Roundups!

And while I am babbling about all of this... any requests? I would love to know what you are most interested in seeing in a monthly review of this sorts. Let me know in the comments below!

Alrighty! Here's to a great July - we shall review it soon... in the first edition of Monthly R and R.


See you soon!

13 comments:

  1. Awesome, inspiring, and truly freakin cool! Love them Ashli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo Hoo I never was a winner to your beautiful tags! :) Love to see all your works of art, you are so inspiring. Will look forward to your new adventure. I love all the photos of the tags side by side, they are so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much amazing work Ashli!! And the new Monthly R and R sounds like a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. what amazing goodness. Truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy fantastic batman! someone named ashli has been very busy making lots and lots of fabulous things. i like seeing the process of how you create. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are prodigious in your creations!! :) gorgeous mix, and inspiring as always! Congrats to Katie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always in awe of how much you get done in a month! And all so beautiful! Hard to choose the best ones to pin . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one prolific scrapbooker! I can't believe how much you accomplish! Your pages are so fun and free, and always look like you had a good time making them.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are amazing layouts! You inspire me to get scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a creating machine, Ashli! Such a gorgeous collection of beautiful and inspiring layout. I love the one page with the 12x12 photo. So striking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeez louise, I just am in love with your style- it's like what mine would be if I could actually think out of the damn box lol!! Seriously- I Love fussy cutting paper, doodling, outlining, and just an organized chaos on a page. Love it. I've been a stalker of your blog for a while now but just felt compelled to comment. Thank you for sharing and providing a source of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer! Thanks so much for reading and for your sweet words!!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...