Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Bright and Unexpected Thank You...

June is more than half way behind us and that means it's time for a little Layout Love Linky tag action!

Let's get right to it with a piece of grunge board and some paint:
While that dries, I have a basic piece of white card stock that I have hand cut into a little tag/banner shape and I think it could use a little sparkle:
 And some extra sparkle...
 And a good clear coating...
Ok, with both of my pieces dry, and a quick run through the Sizzix with the dot embossing folder... How about a little color in the way of alcohol ink?
oooooh- that is what I am talkin' about! I have to tell you, the texture of the embossing, along with the shine of the glitter and glossy accents, really does make a lovely canvas for the alcohol ink!
Alrighty - back to the larger piece. I have this pretty little scrap of Mint Julep from Basic Grey and I like the way it pulls in the blue here...
 But, we are missing something. More alcohol ink to the rescue:
 And that was a little bright - so a bit of white paint and we are good:
Now for some more Basic Grey goodies? Maybe? Hmmmm...
That is just not working for me. We have neon, we have distressed... Maybe this little strip from KI Memories? I'm not sold on that either. The black and white stripe isn't working so well with all of my saturated blue....
 Ah ha! Here we have a nice blue and white stripe scrap - lookin' better!
I did indeed like the idea of the butterflies, so a little punchy punch and we are back in business:
 Sentiment time. That's nice, but here we are with the black and white problem again:
I don't have navy ink (it's on the list, I promise) so a little embossing powder worked well for me here:
And of course my standard black and white twine won't fit the bill, so perhaps some of this embroidery floss will work?
 All twisted up with some grey twine...
And there we have it! That was an adventure. It turned out way different than I thought it would, but I really like it! 
Oh yeah - one random and lucky winner from this month's LLL will get the above tag in the mail, along with the new Travel Girl ephemera pack from October Afternoon:

Just a fun little crafty way to say "Thanks" for linking up and for reading here at the Purple Mailbox.
So, head on over and link-up! I can't wait to see your creations!

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous project! Who knew that alcohol ink and glitter was so DELICIOUS!?! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! FAB ..Tag !I loved the embossing ,shine n alcohol ink base you made...and the glitter strip ,butterfly make it jus gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag. I linked up my post about my happy tags...
    Have a great start in the weekend! - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you coat the whole tag in Glossy Accents? How did you get it to cover smoothly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri! I just coated that smaller little banner piece with it and "flooded" it, much like you would ice a cookie with a sugar coating. First, outline the shape, then fill in. The glossy accents will smooth itself out as it dries. I hope that makes sense :)

      Delete
  5. I found your blog through the camp scrap classes, and I love it. I am now following you daily and i love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this Ashli!! That Navy with the Yellow and hot Pink looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful tag!! Love the colors and that you did three11

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Ashli when you go from a plain drab piece of cardstock to a totally gorgeous crafted item! You are amazing! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...