Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Puffy Paint Play

You all probably know that I am constantly on a quest for alternative ways to create the trendy embellishments and/or lettering...

I recently tried my hand at some dried paint blobs, a.k.a. "enamel dots." I really liked what I ended up with, but the "enamel dot" action was certainly lacking.

Then one day while in Joann's, I detoured from the fabric to the scrapbooking and happened to walk down t-shirt decorating land. GASP!!! Puffy Paint!!! Why didn't I think of that sooner??? Probably because the puffy paint from my 1980's memory was, well.... a bit odd. Oh, let me tell you...puffy paint has come a long way. Actually, you all probably already knew that, but this was BIG news to me!

So, a hot pink and a gold jumped in my cart and off I went!

Now, back in the studio, lets give this a try. 
Look at the shiny little dots! I see promise in this!!! 
YES! Gorgeous!!!
That dried overnight on my craft sheet and the next day, I just peeled them up and stuck them to an empty Thicker sheet. Oh my goodness!!! Kinda looks like Heidi Swapp Buzz Words, yes? Well, maybe a little... kinda, sorta...
 Oh hooray! Easy, economical titles, shapes, and dots:
 A sweet treat indeed:
I especially love the gold hearts:
 Oh, the possibilities...
A few page starters, a little puffy paint, a night of dry time, and a dab of matte medium to adhere....
FUN TIMES!


21 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! Aren't you smart! Lovely LO's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added to my shopping list! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are crazy-talented! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a brilliant idea!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever idea, Ashli! These look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart! Looks awesome on your gorgeous layouts!
    Have a wonderful day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!
    I love enamel dots, but they are so darn expensive.
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea...maybe it is time that I make a trip to the craft store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just awesome! I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun!! Love this idea and how you used them!

      Delete
  10. Simply brilliant! Now I'm scheming to make time to go get some puffy paint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That puffy paint is a brilliant idea my love!!! I am always down for a cost effective way to add some "trendy" touches...and I drool over enamel dots and Heidi writing:) Thanks in advance for my trip tomorrow to Hobby Lobby to the Tshirt isle!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always come up with the most fun ideas, Ashli!! Love how the puffy paint turned out and they look awesome on your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many interesting elements to your layout, brilliant

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, that is quite brilliant! I never would have thought to write out words and have it dry on the craft sheet over night. LOVE this idea! Will add some to my cart the next time I'm at the craft store. Thanks for sharing!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't thought about puffy paint for the longest time! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Gorgeous, love this idea

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the use of the Kraft paper with October Afternoon blue paper~looks fabulous!!! Not sure about the "dots" but so totally you! Love your work~it is truly orginal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fun!!! I love the how you created the words!! You should my ginormous collection of puff paint - uh yeah. Its quite insane and while I use them all the time straight on my projects and on my mats to create bellies, I've never made words like this!!!! Dots and shapes yes....words no!! Ahhh, thank you, thank you! I'll be surely playing with this idea so spectacular. :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am so inspired to try this! it's an awesome idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So inspired that I made a layout using puffy paint and blogged about it here, referencing this post, thanks Ashli, it was super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...