Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hop On Into Some No Pressure Scrapping!


Happy Easter and welcome to the April 1st Easter blog hop! Today is the day when we tumble down the rabbit's hole and hop after the White Rabbit. The rabbit hops from blog to blog, from country to country all around the cyber scrapbooking world! If you just happened upon this, you may have noticed that I am posting one day early. Not to worry - simply bookmark this post and swing back by tomorrow for all of the "live" links that you can hop along with:

EvgeniaPetzer
Minna Enqvist
Christin Grønnslet

And, if you are here tomorrow, then it's today and well.. happy hopping!

Now that you are thoroughly confused... Let's have some fun!

Riikka, the lovely lady behind this fun hoppin' time... asked us all to include a clock in our projects. 

Interesting.... right? I am not one to gravitate towards time pieces for imagery or for my embellishments. But, I LOVE me a challenge. So, let's do this!

To start out with, I grabbed my Tim Holtz clock embossing folder and jazzed up some kraft glassine and some acetate. And, some little foam hearts from the dollar store get glittered and glossed up too...

I can't tell you how thrilled I am with how beautifully this acetate embossed up! I know I can do something fun with that!

And yes! I can :)
Here we have my hearts all dry and inked around the edges, Some glassine that was gessoed and misted and fussy cut, and let's not forget the acetate clocks all decked out in alcohol ink.

When I first started thinking about "time" and what I could scrap for that, my mind went to the obvious seasons and spring and such. That led me to this SMASH page from the 365 journal. But, I just can't wrap my brain around that theme to the point of being excited about it. 
So, after staring at this paper for way too long, I realized that I could try cutting up the letters and spelling something else...

Like... "My Now."
That can certainly work with all of my litte clocks. After all, my life right now is very full of fun and chaos. But, this time is fleeting and I like the idea of documenting my "now."

So, with a background all stamped up, photos cut, and my embellishments at the ready...

I start layering up,  all the while thinking of how I will create something completely aww inspiring and amazing...

Something you just can't wait to try...

And maybe I did. I w
as really jazzed about this layout. I even hung it up in my studio for a bit. And then, I downloaded the pictures of it to edit and get ready for this post... and well, I just didn't like it so much anymore. I am not even sure why. Does that ever happen to you?

At any rate... I sighed and said "oh well, I'll make it work" and went about editing the photos anyway.

Then, a few days later, I set about working on some more of my kits that I made for the crop I recently went to:

A little stenciling...

A little washi love:

Some paint and pen work to pull the title from my background paper:

And then it hit me! "Little Moments" That works with time! And, I just happened to have a few of my little clocks left and they just happen to work with the colors I have going on here...

And in that little moment, I decided that this would be my layout for this hop:

Full of glitter and clocks:

Not to mention, I like it better. It's more spontaneous, more free, more "me."
But then, I started to write this post and show you my process for making this layout. And, you know... I realized I was leaving out the whole story. The story that matters. The story about how sometimes you are challenged and you find it hard to think "beyond the theme." That sometimes our best work is when we aren't trying so hard. Or, when we don't have such a plan.

So, I want to encourage you today to start a "no pressure" project. No plan. No worries. Just craft, play, and see what happens. It might end up being your favorite project that you didn't even see coming! I would love to see what you create. Please come back and leave a link in your comment, if you choose to upload your no-plans project to your blog or online gallery :)

But, before you get crafty, please hop along and remember to leave a comment at every stage! That way you ensure as many tickets for the raffle as possible. You'll have just a week to participate (to April 8th at noon GMT) for the giveaway compiled from awesome companies like: 7 Dots Studio, BadgesFolie, Garn and Mehr, Stromsvigt, and Wycinanka.
Have fun! Thanks for hopping by!

78 comments:

  1. I totally agree - some of my favorite layouts came when I was scrapping for myself without a plan, rather than following a sketch or submitting it into a challenge! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job.love the embossed clocks.love what you did with the background paper. I have the red one.love the masking and the glitter. Very cute banner with the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pages Ashli!! Love the way you worked in the clocks to go along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's why I enjoy my 'Inspired by' challenges with Riikka so much: no pressure!
    Love your second page: the colours, the gold glitter, the writing on the photo and well, that Maggie Holmes paper is just perfect all of it's own :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the way you worked through - all the stages - it shows how ideas can come forward.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the techniques used for the little acetate clocks...they are so so cool & funky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just put away a layout I started and then stared at for 5 days not knowing how to finish it. It looked good to begin with but... I don't know, it just stopped working!
    I love your handwriting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll try the same with watches embossingfolder. Thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, I love this! So many awesome techniques - the final result is really beuatiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great details, you can discover on it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the embossed clocks on acetate! Very inspiring project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashli this is a wonderful page! You are so creative, well done! I love the double layered clocks. Beuatiful babies in your life too! What a blessing! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing these lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them both <3 The embossed transparency looks so great :) Thank you so much for hopping with me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like it. There are so lovely little things on it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool the way you kept working it out- I really love the techniques used for the little acetate clocks...going to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Клевая страничка!))

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the "no pressure" idea! lovely layouts as usual :), with so many interesting details!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely need to make time to make a "no plan" layout! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your process. While the first project was nice, the second was stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Очень интересно.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this project!
    Especially that writing on the backround.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the page that is "more you"...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Очень понравилось - такая трогательная страничка!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is very nice. Love to see how you did make the clocks and how you did used them. The photo is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are so right...it it in play that we become most creative and free!!! Love what you did with the embossing folder and glassine papers! Cute layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the embossed clocks! so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many details ... takes hours to discover them all!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how you pulled the 'little moments' from the background - such a simple method and what a great result. A fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  30. thanks for sharing. It is amazing. so many intresting details.

    ReplyDelete
  31. love the acetate clocks and the second page is gorgeous! although, really like the idea with the wood veneer in the bag on the first one too!!TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very interesting
    and lovely projects. Love the details on your second layout. Those "little moments" are the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Очень креативно!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your use of techniques! Very inspiring!
    Els

    ReplyDelete
  35. so many ideas and technics in the one LO! Interesting page! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So many great layers and elements to take in! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, such an unexpected project! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love all the elements you used. Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Loved to read about the process how you created this layout. Loved the outcome, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is such a fun technique you rarely see used. Thanks for inspiring me to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Awesome layout. I love the way you chose your title. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for sharing the process. I really loved how your clocks turned out and you were able to use them in more than one project. way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Yes, no pressure and no regrets, either!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Loving the embossed acetate & the washi banner!
    Great to see/read your process, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabulous layout, and how I really love that text on the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  46. багато деталей, гарно!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely layouts! I like the sleeping baby picture and text :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. I totally love both layouts! And I really have to try embossing acetate one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh my god, I really love these!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I like acetate clocks and handwriting:)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Truly inspiring and so utterly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow! Amazing layout--loving all the little details :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I find when working with a theme it takes 5 times as long as it usually takes. l just get stuck and force something. Rarely works

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love all details which you used, and it's truly inspirate

    ReplyDelete
  55. So many great details...so many layers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great idea to take the title from the text in the paper, literally. I love those clocks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Amazing layouts! I really like the harmony on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Like the details in the first one and the second one is just... beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the acetate and glassine... amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Yes that kind of thing happens to me all the time. I love the way you solved your problem and where happy to start a "plan B" The result is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful! The embossed acetate looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love all the little details and all the handwriting in your layout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...