Saturday, February 9, 2013

Technique Love

I do love a good technique and playing around with paints and such in my scrappin'! And speaking of techniques, have you caught any of Wilma's In The Mood To Scrap videos over on 2Peas?

They are so inspiring! She approaches her pages in such a lovely and unique way and each video leaves the wheels turning in my brain! When I saw her last lesson, I just had to give it a try. The way that she created a positive out of a negative shape was just brilliant!

And, alas... I do not have a digital die cutting machine, so I am going to use these circle punched remnants for my die cut element:
Paint all spread about and mooshied through the negative shapes:
While that dries, let's create some embellishments out of the positive cut circle shapes. I am not super wild about this print...
 Maybe some gold Color Shine?
And a bit of gesso?
And now we wait for everything to dry....
And dry....
And dry....
The paint on this page took about 2 days to dry! HAHA! Hopefully it will be worth the wait...

To be honest, at this point I am not quite sure. Wilma's page has an amazing elegance that this clearly does not have. But, hey - that's ok! I am forging on...

Just playing with my embellishment placement...
 Layering in some stickers:
 Flairs and cameras... yay!
 A bit of washi....
And, title time! I have been on a letter sticker spending freeze because I have SO MANY sheets that need to be used up. So, a stamp will help me out today:
And there we have it! A fun little page about some souvenirs we picked up on our recent camping trip...
 Complete with a new technique tried...
You know, I had to stare at this page for a long time before I decided to like it. But, now I actually do! And what I like most is how inspired I was to try this out, thanks to that awesome video. And speaking of awesome videos...

I couldn't resist Wilma's new workshop over at 2peas. I may or may not have watched every video several times already...
I would love to see you in class with me!

It is so inspiring and I have been crafting up a storm with things I never thought to try!
Stay tuned...

8 comments:

  1. Well, they say third time is the charm, so I will try again...love how you jump in to the new stuff and share the joy! I'll be looking for you in Wilna's class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique, TFS and the layout turned out super! Have a wonderful weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the LO. The paint in the circle reminds me of clouds in a blue sky. Anyway, see you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!!! It is full of eclectic goodness!!!! Yay for you for trying a new technique AND waiting that long for paint to dry, LOL!!!! I totally would have used paste which would have cut the dry time a bit but I'm a cheater that way....teehee. I often use my punched negatives as stencils for goops, paints, and inks (the little hearts one from Martha Stewart is one of my favs to use) and keep the negatives for later use as well but don't think I've combined the two just yet so I'll have to keep this is mind. Getting messy and goopy is fun stuff for shiggity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really thinking about the class :) Great page - lovely textures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing Ashli!! I love the repetition of circles on this one and the way you added the Gold Color Shine over the floral pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great layout.
    So many great techniques :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, your page is absolutely gorgeous! well done. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...