Thursday, February 28, 2013

Layout Love Linky - February 2013

February is just a few hours from being past and that means it's time for another Layout Love Linky!

So, if you have been hanging around The Purple Mailbox for a bit, then you know what this is all about so... feel free to scroll on down and get the party started! AND... for the winner of May Flaum's new E-Book, scroll down too :)

But, if you are new here and have no idea what this LLL is that I speak of...

Read on...

LLL is a bit like a virtual craft club... A show and tell of sorts.
We all (well, most of us) upload our projects to online galleries and/or blog about them.
But, they do tend to get lost in the shuffle sometimes, don't they?

One of my favorite parts of blogging is the sense of community within the scrapbooking world. I love this network of sharing ideas and inspiration, documenting our successes and failures, and commiserating with one another through our hobby.

One of the best ways to get to know a crafter is through what she is most proud of, yes?

Perhaps you did that one layout that just blew your socks off and you can't stop smiling at it.
Or maybe you tried something new and your project survived the process!
What if you only had time to scrapbook 1 page last month, but that is 1 more than usual?

So, you uploaded said project to an online gallery, or your blog, or both. And then....
Well....
Not much happened?

That doesn't mean anything, really!
There are SO many scrappers sharing their work every minute of the day.
This really is a great thing.
A good "problem" to have.
But, there are only so many hours in a day and well, things just get lost in the shuffle of cyberspace.

What am I getting at here?

It's show and tell time, that's what!!!!

THAT is the heart and soul behind Layout Love Linky.

Sharing, inspiring, learning, and growing our little scrappy cyberspace community. I just love it when I click on a link-up to leave some love and I see a comment that says, "I came over here from Layout Love and really enjoyed your layout!"

See? A virtual craft club!

Every month, a winner is drawn at random and will receive a fun scrappy prize and a little tag made by yours truly :)


Now, let's get this party under way! Here are some of my unblogged layouts:
This month I found myself focusing on using up some papers that have been in my file a bit too long. You know, to make room for all the new CHA goodness!



And of course, I found myself working with a Shimelle sketch or two:
I also worked my way through Wilna's Art Class over at 2 Peas. Her style totally rocks my world and I had a fun time experimenting and lifting some of her techniques and ideas:




And I have also been working through some of my page starters and will share some more of those layout next week :)

Whew! What a month! As usual, many of these layouts were done for various challenges, classes, or sketches. You can click on "soapHOUSEscraps" over there in the right to view my online gallery for all the details on each layout.

We had a beautiful group of link-ups! LOVE IT! I do hope you remembered to stop by everyone's blogs and leave lots of comment love. And, if not... be sure to check them out!

Who is our lucky winner from the above group of awesomeness? Ashley, that's who!!! You really have to check Ashely's work out. She has this effortless perfection in her style that I just love! This layout is no exception:
Congrats Ashley! I have pea-mailed you for your details and will get your tag and Studio Calico goodies out to you soon! I can't wait to see what you do with them!





Alrighty!

So, now it's your turn.
Anything goes here!
Layouts, cards, altered art, art journals, mini books.
If you love it and want to show it off to a few more like-minded crafty peeps, link-it-up!

Oh yeah, and if you want to be entered into the giveaway, all you have to do is be sure to mention in your post or gallery entry that you are linking up here.
Also, please link up the direct URL to your post so that when people click the thumbnail to view your fabulousness, they can find it.
That's it!
Easy peasy!

What's the prize for the next winner? It's a surprise. But I have a feeling it will be lovely!

Oh, yeah - don't forget to check back all month long to leave comment love for our scrappy friends. Remember, just click the Layout Love Linky button up there on the right hand side bar and it will take you right to this month's post!

And if you tweet or share on Instagram, use #LLL for all things Layout Love :)

***One More Thing! Who won May's Book? Cathie! Congrats Cathie! Please email me (soaphouse@gmail.com) and I will get your info to May ASAP :) 


12 comments:

  1. Lots of beautiful work Ashli!! I always love the techniques you use on your pages! And congrats to Ashley for winning LLL!! There sure are a lot of Ashley/Ashli's in this comment!! HA!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots of goodness. Your pages are always a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't get over how many fabulous pages you pump out each month! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such amazing pages, Ashli. I'd love it if you would show how you do those big, stitched circles sometime. Clean and neat freak me has no clue how to do them freeform like that. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh, that could be a fun tutorial! I will get to work on that :)

      Delete
  5. Love your layouts. It is so fun to share creations. Thank you for hosting this Ashley. We are connected on twitter but I am going to follow your blog if I am not already. Would love for you to follow back. www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are awesome Girly! Love the ones with more than one photo!!! Wish I could get inside that haed of yours ~ always amazing creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ashli, i adore your scrapbook art style! i discovered you last week through your awesome page on wilna's in the mood to scrap where you linked blog. what a cool things you do and share for us on this fantastic blog. rock on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Teddi! And, thanks for taking the time to come over and check out my blog :)

      Delete
  8. Hello, I found my way here via Christina's Blog! I love that you are doing a scrapbookers linky, I tried to run one on my blog for a while but I wasn't very good at remembering to post it, and the winners! I wish you luck with yours, I do think scrappers need a good linky party! I've added a layout... thanks for the chance to win, and for helping me discover more scrappers! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...