Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Goodbye Santa, Hello Angel....

Santa? What? Wrong holiday, right?!?!

You see, I have this Santa here. I have had him for a LONG time. I got him on clearance about 10 years ago when we had very little resources and I really wanted some decorations. Let's just say he has seen better days. 
So... off with his head! Don't worry. I really like this sweet face. I will save it for another day :)
 OK, I've gotten him stripped down...
And now that I have the bare form, it's time for a little transformation to the proper holiday!
I have a bunch of die cut hearts at the ready...
And then I just have fun layering them up:
Until I have this sweet angel fully dressed:
 A giant heart:
All glittered. That should make a lovely set of wings, yes?
While I wait for that to dry, This angel needs a face:
 Some Fimo to the rescue!
With all of that dry, the clay gets a light coat of white paint:
And another glittered heart for her to hold:
A sweet angel:
Full of love!
Happy Valentine's Day!



15 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOVE this! You're brilliant! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?! Your creativity amazes me! This is beautiful...love how you transformed him into a gorgeous angel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's soo pretty!!!! Love how your thinker thinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outrageously brilliant! LOVE her...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I would've just tossed ole Santa out. I need to rethink these things. Love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome!! Love how this came out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute - love her! happy valentine's day. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful project!!!! I love all those hearts and the wings are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome re-purposing Ashli! Love the way you "dressed" her, in all of the pretty hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these pretty, layered hearts. This is one amazing transformation, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute! What a great way to recycle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet!
    I love how she is holding the "love" heart :)
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe, she is just sweet! Great repurposing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...