Thursday, January 17, 2013

Putting it all together...

Hello there! 
Thanks for joining me again as we bring our embossing adventure to a close.
If you are just checking in, you can find a list of the previous posts here:

OK, all caught up? Great!
Now, let's put it all together.

Through the previously mentioned posts, I have found out what I like and what I don't when it comes to using my embossing folders.

I believe my MOST favorite thing was discovering how much I like the inking technique, (I just smooshied my ink pad all over the folder before putting my paper in) specifically using a single shape, much like this tree:
I also really like the look of a simple pattern on a solid color card stock. And a little gold Color Shine mist doesn't hurt either!
 Now let's dress all that up. First a little stitching and some heart action:
Not to leave out the much beloved heat embossing, a little teeny bit gets added around the edges here for some sparkle:
I outline my tree and then add more of that lovely Gold Color Shine:
A left over piece with a heart cut out along with a hand written title dresses up the smaller tone on tone tag:
 Bling + Wood Arrow = 
 LOVE!
 So, what is my final verdict on my previously neglected stash of embossing folders?
 They are indeed keepers!!!
And so is this tag...
For one randomly chosen person that links up to this month's Layout Love Linky!
Along with some surprise scrappy goodness too, of course?

Have you linked up your project yet? 
Check out all the details here!
And, while you are there don't forget to visit all of the link-ups and leave some comment love. There are some gorgeous projects in the bunch!

13 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tag! I am glad you found the folders are keepers. I think of mine as investment tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I want some embossing folders now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous tag creation!!!! I delight in looking at them. The tree folder I was sent to work with this month is a fav for me too and I'm having fun rediscovering embossing folders as well - need to blow the dust off the stash of the ones I owned previously now too. :) Blogger is not playing nice for me today but I need to remember to link up and leave some lovin' for other linkers, teehee like that word. Have a great day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rockin it! Absolutely fabulous tag!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that ink technique and how it's turned out for you. I need to try it again. Fabulous tag! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tags. I need to break out the embossing thingies when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!
    A new favorite tag of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous!! I love your tags! Loving all that texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cute Ashli!! Love those hearts and the great mix of colors and fun embossing on your tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Ashli !! THanks for sharing the how to and fab pics. I so love this and your work is right up my street..so I now your newest follower.

    Thanks for the recent visit and comment on my post too.
    Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Annie! And, thanks for following!!!

      Delete
  11. All caught up now, lol. Loved watching you play with the embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...