Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Here's What That Stamp Did...

Recently, we put one of my holiday stamps to good use and tried lots of fun things with it. I asked you all which technique was your favorite and there was indeed a clear winner! Number 4, with Number 11 following up in second place.

So, let's put those techniques to use on a layout for my Christmas Heritage Album, shall we?

First up, I have my background paper (which happens to be one of my most favorite neutrals right now and was even my pick-of-the-week when I was on the Paperclipping Roundtable. I may or may not have ordered 10 sheets of this one particular pattern), and I have made a little envelope of sorts for my photo and journaling to live in:
With my background paper at the ready, I just start messily stamping on our winning technique. A bit of blue, red and green distress ink all blended onto the stamp:
 Ah yes, that makes a nice little background for my envelope:
Now, I thought I would get all fancy and try out the other favorite technique of the gold Gelato press on vellum. But, as you can see in the image below with the favorite technique on the left and the vellum version on the right... well, let's just say the vellum didn't quite work out:
Moving on!
The Gelato stamped paper gets cut into strips for some lovely layering:
 Ah yes! Likey so:
Time to dress up that envelope. I can't tell you how excited I am to use these brads that have been sitting on my desk for way too long!
But, I don't want the brand backing to scratch my photo, so a little washi should cover the prongs up nicely:
 A little twine and there we have a nice way to secure the envelope:
 Title time! On the envelope?
 Hmmm, I like it better at the top:
I want the title to sit on top of my page protector for this project, so before I adhere that, I am going to get the rest of the page ready to go into the protector. A little more embellisment:
 Some doodles to enhance the stamped image:
 Some ink splats:
 Journaling pocket tucked in:
 Inside of the envelope embellished:
And into the protector it goes! Then, a quick once around the envelope with the exacto knife let's it retain it's interactivity even while inside the protector:
Title glued on and Stickles applied...
Now, I wait for it to dry...
 And there it is!
All nestled in it's paged protector:
 Easy to interact with:
 And full of stamped goodness!
 This made a lovely addition to my growing Christmas Heritage Album:
See you tomorrow with more on that :)

12 comments:

  1. OH wow!!! That page is so wonderful. All the fun goodies just rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgious page! I really loved the topstripe with the title, the ribbon with the buttons, and the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! The envelope is such a fun way to keep the interactive elements of continuity in this album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Wonderful page!!
    All the elements fit so well together!
    Happy holidays!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you too! Love how the stamp turnedout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow you take all these simple things and turn it into a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!! You put a lot of great ideas into this one! Will have to go back and catch every single detail! WOW! This is fabulous~!! Happy Holidays to ya! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...