Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Basically Awesome Christmas

Hello There! Welcome to the first stop on the 50 Shades of Basic Grey Blog Hop with Paper Issues!
I was lucky enough to receive some of the Lucille collection to play with for this challenge. I can't wait to see how you interpret this fun theme! Your project can include Basic Grey products, shades of grey, or both.
What's in it for you, you say?
Prizes, of course!
You could be one of 3 lucky winners!
All you have to do is:
1. Like Reminisce on FB http://www.facebook.com/BasicGrey?ref=ts&fref=ts
2. Like Paper Issues on FB http://www.facebook.com/PaperIssues?fref=ts
3. Leave a comment that you did both
4. Link up a project for a Bonus entry


Alright, now that all that shop-talk is out of the way...
Let's take a look at some Basic Grey action, shall we?

One of the first things I did when I received the Lucille Collection was fussy cut. There are some gorgeous flowers in this line! 
The colors and themes that repeat in this collection had me thinking of my three little angels. I love the idea of making them a little Christmas canvas to hang in their room, but I don't really want to pack it up at the end of the season. Well, this collection is perfect for that! It has enough red, pink and green that it will make sense, but certainly doesn't scream Christmas, so I will be able to leave this up year round. YAY!

So, here we begin with some gesso and random rectangles of patterned paper:
While that dries, it's time to make some angels. These are pretty simple shapes and I just drew them free-form right onto the patterned paper and then cut out. This way, they are all similar, but not exactly the same.
 A punched out circle and some of the Lucille buttons make sweet little "faces." 
 That is mostly dry, so perhaps a little bit of misty shimmer?
 Pretty! But, I want to tone that down a bit with some more Gesso and some stencil action: 
 Yes, better! Angel time...
 The alphas that came in the collection pack happen to be the perfect scale for my title:
hmmmm....I am thinking that backward 3 for an E is going to bug me too much, so I head to the letter drawer and find some other Basic Grey letters from the ole stash to change that out with:

With that basic foundation built, I just went to town. I added stickers, washi, more mist, paint, pen work...

And then... TA DA!
Angel we HAVE heard on high! A girly little decor item for my three angels :)

After having all of that fun, I was on a roll. Plus, with all those lovely bits on my desk...

Well, I ended up scrapping this: 

Aqua, pink and kraft...
You make me happy when skies are grey....

Sorry, I couldn't resist getting that saying in with this theme :)
Sew cute!

And with the last little bits, I scraplifted a tag that I have been wanting to try ever since I saw it on Pinterest. The original is AMAZING! You must take a look.

And here is my little attempt....
And, of course this tag found it's way into the happy mail package along with some Chic Tag goodness from my last Layout Love Linky.  
Maura, I nope you love your Basic Grey Tag as much as I loved creating it! 

I am sure you can tell that I had a blast with all of this Basic Grey fun! Thanks for stopping by. Now go ahead and hop on over to Kate's blog for some more inspiration.

Here is the complete hop list, in case you get lost along the way :)
Ashli (you are HERE) http://purplemailbox.blogspot.com/
Kate http://www.scrapsation.com/
Sarah http://www.vintagepearstudio.com/
Pamella http://happytobecreating.blogspot.com/
Amy B http://www.curlyqmosaics.blogspot.com/
Melissa P http://www.melissapriest.com/

One more thing, before you go. If you need some scrappy goodness for yourself, head on over to the Paper Issues Shop and use the code soapSCRAP for 20% off your entire purchase. Whoooot!

17 comments:

  1. OMG! You cranked out some truly amazing projects using the Lucille collection. Even your little tag is an absolute masterpiece! I LOVE your style missy, you are a creative genius!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your process! So much fun. Great job with the BG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Awesome decor and pages. Love the process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm almost speechless (but not quite.. that just wouldn't be me!)... The angel canvas was heart-stopping enough - one of the loveliest things I've seen whilst crafty bloghopping, ever. Then that fabulous layout, and to top it off, a simply stunning tag - you're an absolute wonder, Ashli... jaw-droppingly gorgeous work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE my tag!!! I think I am going to keep it out all year in my creative space!!! Thank you so much!
    Beautiful angels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ashli, Love the canvas and the tag. I have been thinking about doing a canvas for a while now, you are definitely inspiring me! You just go for it and never look back, it is awesome.

    oh also, I liked everyone on FB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your canvas, it is amazing! I would love to win; I love Basic Grey, and have "liked" both on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Gorgeous projects, love the canvas and the fun tag is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the texture on these projects. I "Liked" Basic Grey and Paper Issues on my facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your canvas! Liked both on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I lioked both on Facebook. Soon I'll add my bonus-LO :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...