Thursday, November 1, 2012

Stretching the Eclectic...

I mentioned in a recent post that Echo Park's Everyday Eclectic collection is by far one of my current favorites. But really, what is not to love when the former mastermind behind Hambly joins forces with one of the best paper companies around? In fact, I used this collection all throughout my Learn Something New mini which you can see in this post, this post and this post. I have just a little bit of this fabulous collection left and I want to make the most of it.
I love it and want it to be well dispersed through my albums.
With a few additional sheets from the stash, I think we can make that happen:
After gathering all my paper bits, I have pulled a variety of photos that will coordinate nicely. I have made sure to select pictures that will go in various places and in various albums. This way, I will have some of this Eclectic gorgeousness all spread out!
You can see that I started out with a conservative use of my Eclectic supplies, with just some bits and pieces, lots of photos, and a non-Eclectic background:
Still working conservatively here, but adding in some stickers:
Now, I have thrown caution to the wind and am going full-on Eclectic with this layout!
And now a full background of the Eclectic pairs nicely with some crate paper and other bits:
And back to all Eclectic with this one. Oh how I love, love, love this collection!
After all this scrapping, I have lots of little pieces hanging around on the desk. Perhaps some banner action is in order?
Now, I am down to just the last remaining bits and paired with a Basic Grey neutrals background, I have just enough to scrap this one last simple page:
Oh, yes... this collection truly was amazing! It really did have the best of everything. It was bold, yet soft. Fun and sophisticated. Graphic and sweet. Crisp and clean.
And now I have some of this Eclectic gorgeousness spread all throughout my current working albums. I'd say that is making the most of a collection! YAY!



27 comments:

  1. I love how you finished out this collection Ashli!! The Everyday Eclectic is also my favorite line from Echo Park...to date anyway!! :) I always struggle with the last bits and pieces of a collection, so I love that you showed how you used yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashli, I heard your name in the paperclipping podcast (that I didn't finish yet) and than remembered that I saw your layouts in May's class, so I decided to check your blog. I read through few last posts, ok, maybe more than few, and loved every one of them. Your approach to scrapbooking is so unique and so different from anything else. I especially loved the post where you describe your creative process.

    I also have collections that I love and I hold on to them. You idea to use your favorite collection, purposefully selecting layouts that will be spread through your albums is kind of ... brilliant! Love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your version of conservative. It still shows your unique style. Love all the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ashli, you have been a busy bee! And what gorgeous layouts you've created! Visiting your blog is always such a great source of inspiration (even though I would never be able to do work, like you do.. I totally adore it and feel inspired by looking at it!)
    LOVE that your work always is unique and you stay true to yourself and don't do what everyone else does! This really makes you stand out in the crowd! Thanks! :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this collection so much too, you did such wonderful layouts with it! Love your plan to spread throughout your albums, what a great result. I use it mostly for Project Life and that too was during the warmer months here. I think I'll bring it back here and there but I'm fine with PL looking seasonal as well. I have finally started actually scrapping with it a little more, so we'll see what comes of that after all this great eye candy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. this collection look awesome and I really like how you used it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you got a ton of pages done!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely got your money's worth from this collection! Awesome pages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are totally inspiring me to work on Eclectic this weekend. That is one of the collections I pulled this weekend! I love that turtle layout. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that! We encounter turtles often on the roads. Such is life in the South! We'll stop too and get it off the road and send it back in the right direction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure worked it! Great collection of pages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you threw the word "conservatively" in there. Not a word I would use to describe your style! :D

    Love the collection and love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's sort of bittersweet when you find a collection that you love, isn't it? You love it so much and can't wait to use it, but then don't want to use it all up! Haha! I love that you've used all of yours and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and funny LO. Your works are an inspiration for me. Always and everyone.
    Besr regards from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been having some fun...looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got lots of layouts done from this collection. Love how you layered the amusement icon strips and the crafting with B is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome pages! I love the texture and layering. And you have some great use of sprinkled embellishments like ink splatters and sequins going on here. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You rock! So many great layouts! wow - I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know how to use your paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely layouts! I really adore your style!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I´m a Norwegian who stumbled over your blog - your works are so inspiring and AMAZING!
    Have a wonderful week :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! And, thanks for checking out my blog :)

      Delete
  21. I especially love the poses
    Of your two girls layout. Of course they are all fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE your scrapbook pages...They are so inspiring X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...