Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Tale of a Giant Sequin Circle...

I have lots of sequins. I have separated out a bunch of the blues. I also have a Gluber. Hmmmm...

And so begins...
The Tale of a Giant Sequin Circle...
The Gluber holds a thin layer on, but I figure this giant sequin circle really should be all that it can be...
 So, enter Glossy Accents:
 All piled up!
Now, while that dries, let's see what else we can do. I wonder if UTEE on a Gluber combined with sequins will be neat?
 Well....
 ... perhaps not. And in case you are wondering, melting sequins smell REALLY bad. Shocker, I know.
Moving on. Now that our little science experiment is over, let's get back to the adventure of our more successful sequin circle. Here we have a lovely assortment of papers and the perfect photo of my little lady:
OK, I must confess that after I pulled the above supplies to accompany my giant sequin circle, this layout came to a screeching halt. For several month all of these supplies just sat. Staring at me on my desk. Mocking me. Yes, a giant sequin circle becomes a bit hard to ignore. I'm not sure what it was... I saw it, I liked it, it made me smile. But, for some reason I lost my mojo for this lovely bling. I think I was overwhelmed by how to make my lovely giant sequin circle "blend" with the rest of my layout. After all, I still wanted the photo to be the focus. 

Ah well, nothing like a bit of fussy cutting to get me back on track. So, in between projects the other day, I grabbed this lovely paper and got to work. All the while hoping that all these little cut outs would re-ignite my love for the giant sequin circle. 

And yes, yes it did! I do like the idea of the giant circle having some giant doily friends. YAY! The adventure continues...
Before all those lovely bits get adhered, I believe some stamping is in order. And yes, more circles! It's madness, I tell you... madness!
 A look see through my die cut bin and I have some fun little items for layering:
 Here we go! Layer, Layer, Layer...
And since a giant sequin circle proves not to be enough shine, let's throw in some glittered letters. Oddly enough I think this will balance out all the bling of my circle:
 A bit more layering:
 More sequins? Sure! Why stop now?
Ah yes... this giant sequin circle looks like it has found the perfect home:
 With my beautiful girl:
All nice and sparkly!
What a lovely way to close the chapter on this tale of a Giant Sequin Circle.

The End.


24 comments:

  1. oooo gorgeous as always. and what an adorable kidlet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Indeed! Love the sparkles! And yes I had to go research what a Gluber was ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, I love the sequin adventure you had too, that was so funny - it should come with a health warning but glad to see it turned out well in the end! Your layout is beautiful and worth all the effort. Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it looks! Really cool!!! TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great! I admire your way of showing the steps and even the possible "nono"s along the way. I also feel that only you can pull that off - "hide" a gigantic sequin circe in a layout! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out beautiful. Love all the journaling too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that sequin embellies is sooo awesome!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad the perfect inspiration hit! This turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you did the sequin embellishment. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this "tale"!!! awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was worth the wait - it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a layout on my blog today using sequins too. Love them, and love how you made the giant bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out great. Grounding it on the dark blue in the layout really makes it work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love the way you write!! It is my favorite thing about your posts...well, that and the amazing things you are always creating!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a fun, sparkly layout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sequins are perfect with her dress. Gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a sequin freak! it's so much fun to experiment. I love the result you got!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glubers and sequins? Girlie after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous effect, Ashli!! I would have never thought of that!! Love the way it looks, especially with the other scattered sequins on your page! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, some you win... and in the end, your layout is totally triumphant! Thanks for taking the hit for the rest of us on the melting sequins!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Love how you play!
    I have noticed this new trend of yours towards circles! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Soooo beautiful layout! And those sequins <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, what can I say that I haven't already? This is gorgeous as usual and you single handedly changed my mind about sequins!!! I think some shopping is in order! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol. Thanks for sharing your thought process again.. It is so hard to integrate a strong design idea into a cohesive photo-focused lo. Well done

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...