Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ready, Set, Go, Punch.... Scrap!

Look at my new goodies!!! YAY! That's all that really needs to be said...
Let's SCRAP!
Ready, Set, Go....
I have a lot of photos here, so a two pager is in order. Shocked? Me too. See what new patterned paper does to me?
 Let's break in those new stamps:
 GASP! I am in love....
Perhaps some white stamping? The lady who demoed this for me at the store made it look so easy. I can never get it to work. Maybe today is my lucky day?
 OK, that would be a no. Moving on...
 Bringing out the big guns. Embossing powder:
 That's what I'm talkin' about!
 Oh yeah! Loving it. But, those photos are covering up so much of my pretty house action. Maybe if I trim a little off of each one...
 There we have it! A subtle difference, but I can see more cute houses :)
This paper makes my heart skip a little beat. Yes, I know I have issues. But really... look at the pen lines on it! Pen lines, people!
 Oh yes.... LOVE that!
 Look at all the punchy goodness...
 And the off cuts aren't bad either. I will save those for another day...
 Time for some layering action, with a good foundation of washi:
 Here we go...
 Looking nice, but let's kick it up a notch... there is no reason to be shy here...
 There we have it!
 Now for some circular elements to break up all those lines:
First, I was thinking of cutting out each little pie chart guy, but after a go at that, I realize that without it's white background this little pie guy looses something...
 So, on to the big circle:
 Layering about:
 And now for some larger blocks of paper to help break up all the little details:
 Title time!
 And now for some little banner details:
 With miniature black pom poms, of course:
 And after I futzed with all the little bits a details for a while.... here we have it:
 Hello 2012.... NEW year...
NEW roof!
Yep, there is a lot going on with this layout. But, honestly... it's a layout with pictures of a roof. Not. Very. Exciting. With that in mind, I threw caution to the wind and had lots of fun!
Hello cute little banner:
Goodbye September. I figured I should close this month out with a bang. A bang of lots of little bits on a giant 2-pager. But, I still have a little more in me for this moth. In fact, I will be back on Friday with the September edition of Layout Love Linky. By the way, there is still one more day left to enter. One lucky random participant will get some surprise happy mail. I will give you a hint... it has lots of "flair." Hope to see you then!

26 comments:

  1. Love this! Your stamping looks great. Ha, on that white stamp pen :) I can't really get them to work either..

    ReplyDelete
  2. After embossing it, the white house looked great!

    I always enjoy your step by steps...I have a brain injury and find it hard to follow things in a course now. I used to be a top of the class type of person...now i lag behind needing extra help.

    Your walk through directions seem to speak to me and I can follow them...I must be a visual learner now!

    Thanks for my latest round of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the elements are so much fun. I can never get a white anything to work. I'm like pigpen. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great details as always! Love the double punched branches. And the white embossing is just the thing. Congrats on the roof.

    Blogger is being so slow tonight so I'll just leave the rest of my comments here. Hope you don't mind.

    Brave! that's all regarding glitter. The sequin cluster is perfect. Very pretty layout. Question: what weight of glitter did you use? Just in case I get an urge to try this.

    The flair buttons are so cute! Layers of interconnection on the internet. True that. Nicely done. Sorry, can't connect with you on instagram - don't have a big girl camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I use a super fine glitter... but really, any will work :) Thanks for all your sweet comments!

      Delete
  5. Adorable photos of your girls watching the action from the windows. :) And what a great call to emboss the white!!! Love how that turned out. Awesome details from top to bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome two-pager! Love the punched elements and stamped houses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful layout, lots going on! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your house stamping, and the white embossing was the most fabulous idea! Great page(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I visit your blog I get the urge to drag something out of my bin full of misfit tools. This time it's that blasted heat gun.

    *sigh* Anything for art, I guess. Thanks for the inspiration, this 2 pager is AMAZING! Love those cute little stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. Loving those mini pompoms and all the other amazing details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving those stamps - are they Amy Tangerine? I love the boy and girl one! Your layout is awesome and a great idea for a double page with the pics in the middle like that.
    I want some scrappy time - I have loads to blog and no time to scrap or blog :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it...you rocked out the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an amazing double pager, Ashli!! I have become afraid of them and like to stick to one pagers!! :) This new Amy Tan line is fab and I love how you punched the vine pieces and the large circles! I have some on pre-order from Stop & Scrap and I can't wait for it to ship!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. New supplies are so much fun!!! LOVING your little stamped houses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! I love the "vine" punch with that paper, really adds lots of color and the stamped houses are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, those little stamps are the cutest and I love that punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! Love what you did with those stamps!! Super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful !!
    Això és una obra d'art, m'agrada molt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely, lovely! Great stamp and I must get that punch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like the scrapbook collage layout. Especially like the strip of leaves edge punched.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Circles??? A move away from linear? Oh my! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe I have been missing all your posts!! For some reason they haven't been coming up on my reader. I thought you were MIA! I have some catching up to do. Maybe because I wasn't signed in when I came on here?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...