Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Feeling a Bit Sketchy....

If you have been hanging around Purple Mailbox for a bit, you know I am not much for scrapping with sketches. Nothing against them, of course... I just rarely have a plan when I start out and for some reason having a plan seems to work against me.

So, when Scarlett contacted me and asked if I would guest over at Skissedilla this month, I may have hyperventilated just a little. First of all, I must be hanging out under a rock or something because I had never heard of this fabulous blog before. But, as soon as I caught my breath and clicked on over to check it out, I was replying to Miss Scarlett with a resounding YES!

Are you wondering why? What is so different about these sketches that had me biting at the bit? Well... just check out the one below! They have sketched IN the messiness! How cool is that?

Ok, so I know that you can totally adapt any sketch to work with any style, yada yada yada...

However, the fact that it was already there? Well, that just totally appealed to me. Shocker, I know.

If you have been hiding under the same rock I have and haven't heard of the awesome Sketch blog that is Skissedilla, you must check it out. There is a new sketch every week! You link up, get inspiration, scrap some goodness, and even have the chance to win prizes! Head on over here for all the deets.

I will be there all month (YAY!) and hope you will play along with all the fabulousness. 
Fabulousness that inspires alphabet confetti...
AND doodles...
I hope your feeling playful:
 Playful enough to join in on the fun:
And make it a happy scrappy day:
After all, the winner of my Skissedilla monthly prize pack, will also get this tag!
You know, I can't send off any happy mail without a little tag love too!

So, what are you waiting for? Hop on over to Skissedilla and get sketchy! I can't wait to see your interpretation of this week's sketch :)




18 comments:

  1. Ha! That is so weird about the alphabet "confetti"!!!!!!!! Have you done that before and I saw it here and didn't even realize it? Totally love that sketch site....you are so deserving of being the guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tag, I'll be hopping over to check you out ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you there! Yay! Not that I take part much but always love to see you around! This tag is gorgrous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm heading over there now. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool tag! Love the alpha confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations :) Love that tag. I have trouble with sketches too but those sketches do look pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tag! The alpha confetti is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag! and your page on the sketch site (I won't even TRY to spell it) is awesome. Love the letter confetti! I just KNEW there was a reason for keeping my old Quickutz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool site!
    Love your tag and the page you have to go with the sketch on their site :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love, love, love all the doodling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your colorful, happy tag with all the doodling.. looks so artistic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your doodling and splashes of color. I love the way you used the spilled letters and stencils. I so get the school theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got a little chuckle at your excitement for a sketch that had messiness sketched right in. That has your name written all over it. I love how free you are with your creative process. Your tag looks GREAT too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a beautiful tag you've created to go along with the fantabulous prize you're offering up!!! I love what you did with the sketch this week - can't wait to sow off more! So elated you're playing along with us for the month!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see why you used this sketch. It's terrific! I'll have to use it sometime. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...