Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Bit of Gauche Guesting

I am beyond thrilled! 
Wanna know why? 

This month I get the pleasure of being the Guest Designer over at Gauche Alchemy! In case you haven't heard of their awesomeness, they are a mixed media kit Club, blog and online store that has all kinds of fabulousness!

They sent me one of their amazing and quirky ACME kits to work from. This kit includes items like old book pages, washi, lace, punchinella, and plastic trinkets. It is a box full of serious fun!

To get started, I gessoed on a napkin and hand stitched hearts and lace onto a stamped background...
...and came up with this! I shared a start to finish of this layout on their blog last week
But, that was just the tip of the iceberg. I put some more napkins and lace to use along with an old book cover...
... and scrapped this! They shared this layout on their blog today.
Oh yes, people... that IS wood grain punchinella you see there! Whooot! Oh, and that is just the beginning. You won't believe how much I was able to get out of this kit. I will be sharing my projects over at Gauche Alchemy all month long. I may even have something in store for Layout Love Linky

This kit had me approaching my layouts in a whole new way. That is always a good thing. You all know how I love to mix it up! I hope you will join me over there to see what else this kit did for my pages.

And speaking of guesting, have you seen this week's sketch over at Skissedilla? It is a great one! You should pop on over there to see what I came up with and play along with us too.

Thanks for stopping by today. See you soon :)





23 comments:

  1. Wow...they turned out so great. I like them both but I love the first one!!! It is spectacular.

    I'm sorry I haven't been leaving any blog comments lately...I have been racing about cleaning and organizing my whole house for a few weeks...it has been exhausting and I've been a bit overwhelmed by it all.

    It will probably sound silly, but if anything went badly at surgery, I didn't want my Dh and kids to have to sort everything.

    I am almost done. On the surface my house always looks fine...but it was filing cabinets of taxes back 15 years when we only have to keep 7 or 8, clothes that were too big since i lost weight, knicknacks i am sick of etc etc. One more week and I will be finished including the gardening shed and the garage.
    Then maybe I will have time to play a wee bit before surgery.
    YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy lady these days :) I love both of these, Gauche Alchemy is the perfect spot for you, you have definitely rocked that kit!!! Total awesomeness, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check you out super star! On high demand and it's only normal as you are so talented! This is gorgeous as usual! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and I'm not surprised at all :) your work is just amazing! Beautiful, fun, funky layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the guest spot! super layouts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! Congratulations :) The layouts are just amazing, so full of little wonderful details! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the GD spot! I have never heard of that kit. Looks like you had lots of fun! I love the layout and adding the book cover with reading photos??? Super fun. Love how that turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was afraid I missed this. Awesomeness! Love the texture! Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! Congrats on the guest spot, Ashli! You definitely did this kit justice. Looks like it's right up your alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Both such great layouts!
    I love the photo on the first. And such a perfect title for it :)
    And the use of the book cover on the second is genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GA + U = perfect match

    Love the stamping on your first page and the napkins on yor 2nd...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooo...beautiful pages; so much eye candy! LOVE the old book cover. Awesome photo on We're Here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! And your layouts are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! And your layouts are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats here too ;)) Your magic is all over again!Fantastic work! Oh, I love punchinella..but it's hard to get!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing layout! And that photo is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations. You really made those "media" work on a scrap layout.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your GDT gig! GREAT & FUN pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the GDT! You rocked those pages

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...