Thursday, August 16, 2012

Scrapping Backwards?

Well, it's no surprise that I am a fan of Shimelle's. I find her videos and work beyond inspiring! In fact, I often re-watch videos from past classes to gain fresh inspiration. 

The other day, I was doing just this as I watched an old lesson from Pretty Paper Party. In the particular video I watched, Shimelle shows her process of making embellishments form stickers and punched shapes and then incorporating them into a layout.

I believe the first time I viewed this, I quickly dismissed the concept, thinking this seemed a bit out of order from how I normally scrap.

But, this time... it inspired me enough to give it a go. So, bin of journaling cards and stickers at the ready, I went for it!
After selecting the larger items to "build" my embellishments onto, I grabbed bits by color:
 Punches at the ready...
 And the layering begins:
 Coming together:
 A bit more layered on. Love how this is using up some of the scrap stash!
 After the one larger piece was done, I made a few smaller ones to match:
 And continued on until I had 4 groups of embellishments ready to work with!
Now, for the hard part! Picking photos and papers to go with my embellishments. This does feel a bit like scrapping backwards! 

Hmmmm..... How will that work out for me?

Stay tuned... I will let you know next week if any of these embellishment groupings turned into finished layouts...





16 comments:

  1. Lovge it! Sometimes I make a tag this way. I usually have some scraps out and then I remember a photo or a theme I want to scrap...I then create a tag like this from the scraps.

    Somehow yours look much better than mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you're gonna come up with something fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making my own embellishments and such. I wonder why I even purchase them anymore....or thats right, because they are so pretty ;)
    Looking forward to what you are going to use these one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Great embellishments <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. like how your brain works~don't know if I could make embellies first though!! You got it girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo looks like a great idea. having a different starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for using up embellishments and having them at the ready! Can't wait to see what you created with these! they look awesome, as is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be something new for me to try too..but looks like a lot of fun!! These are gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! Great idea on how to use leftovers and offcuts! Can't wait to see how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a good idea. I love how these came out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I re-watch Shimelle videos, too! Sometimes it just fun to play with the paper and layer, just like you did. Whether you use them or not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all that layers. She takes stickers that look like nothing and turn them into really fun interesting clusters. Looking forward to see how you use them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome layering...need to use up more of my scraps. Will have to check out this video you mentioned. Can't wait to see what you do with these :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...