Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pondering the Pin...

So, I am usually late to the party. I am typically the last one on any given band wagon. Usually, because I am so out of the loop that I never get tied in it. But, sometimes it is because I am pondering. And lately, I have been pondering the pin.

You guys, my scrappy friends, are SO inspiring! I read your blogs and love what I see. But, then I forget the details... who scrapped it, what it was that made my jaw drop, what I wanted to try....

So, I have been pondering the virtual filing cabinet that is Pinterest
One day, I was chatting with my friend Jenn. She mentioned she had seen one of my layouts while perusing Pinterest

REALLY? COULD THIS BE?

She sent me a link of everything pinned from this blog. HOLY COW! I about hit the floor! To say I was flattered would be an understatement! 
So, she talked me into jumping on this pinning band wagon. It was all Jenn! I blame her completely! LOL!

So, before I knew it, I had set up these boards:

You can tell a lot about a person by what they choose to save, yes? 
You guys pin the BEST things! All I have to do is hit re-pin. How easy is that? 
If you haven't checked out Linda Brun, Madeline Fox, Michelle Hernandez, Maura Hibbitts, or Jennifer Sloane... they are some of my favorite pinners!

I think Maura said it best, "This is another great way to share what we do."
I love that!
So, I thank YOU for pinning me! And now, I am pinning you! YAY!

Now, the only issue I foresee is that I am usually so late to join these types of parties that upon my joining, they go away! LOL! A case in point is extreme couponing, but that is for another post.

So, I do hope this pinning party is here to stay.

See you on Pinterest!


23 comments:

  1. LOL! I hear ya I was late too. I felt it was another computer thing to get caught up on. I pinned you somewhere along the line or following. Still trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use pinterest in this way too and to keep track of challenges that I wanna take part in. It is dangerously addictive though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for pinning my LO - I was blown away! I'm really, tremendously honoured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i too am late in the pinterst game- but i really have used it a lot for recipes! i have found so many great ones that my family loves- havent used that much for scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulouse layout~how did I miss this one. I pin but rarely but I do love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pinterest...I cant wait to see people pinning "my" work!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am slowly starting to use it even more and now that you can pin yourself, I need to do that more too. It is such a great thing. So glad you jumped on in! That layout is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love pinterest too although I definitely have to limit myself. Before I know it, all my time is sucked up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I resisted Pinterest for the longest time but it really is a very useful tool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got so caught up in Pinterest that I had to take a break for the summer. I will be back on after my daughter starts college. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!! Loved your post and sweet comments :) I am thinking Pinterest is here to say since wha are having SO much fun with it. It opens up worlds that we don't get to see otherwise. I am so glad you joined and are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is exactly why I joined Pinterest to keep up with things I saw on crafting blogs and to know who to credit when I used an idea. It is so handy. I LOVE your board names.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm off to find you on Pinterest! PS...I've seen your work on there before too ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its really neat to see your own stuff end up on pinterest, lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was an early user of pinterest. I love it of course, but boy is it a time suck. I had to limit myself as I got nothing else done. Time just flew while I was clicking away

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will TOTALLY take the blame for this! I love what you created with all of your "pins" on Pinterest and think that it will totally be something to look back at over time and see how things change/evolve. I love everything you pin and keep looking forward to your next ones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love, love Pinterest!!! And also am hoping it is here to stay :)
    And truly for me it is not a time sucker. I only check it once a day for a few minutes to see what others have pinned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my GOSH!! That layout is SO COOL!! And, haha! I guess you were on the Pinterest bandwagon before you even knew it, but as a Pinnee not as a Pinner! I felt I was a bit slow to catch on to the Pin, and don't take part nearly enough. From your post and the other comments, I think it is a much more powerful tool and resource than just a virtual bulletin board, which is how I always thought of it. I must explore more, and I will start with checking out your boards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How could you have resisted the charms of Pinterest for so long????? It's the best thing since sliced bread. All my inspiration in one spot. :) Off to take a look at these boards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've pinned your layouts, of course! haha, I'm glad you joined the pin-wagon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad to have you join us and I just started following you! I have pinned tons of your stuff because your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw this one scrapbooker's board which is dedicated only to your work and blog!! I've never seen that before- not even with the big "scrap stars" so you are a Pinterest phenom as far as I'm concerned! DOH! I should have pinned that board and left it here for you to check out! SORRY!
    Anyway..HOLY MOLY how freaking COOL is your Pinterest themed page? AMAZING!!!!!!
    And thank you so much for the reference and link here. :) I love pinning but rarely visit the actual site- not because I don't like it but because I can easily spend my entire day there and have a couple of times- it's very much like the vortex you allude to in your design. You fall in and never want to come back out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't want to start pinterest as I didn't need another reason to be on the computer, and well I really didn't even understand it.
    Then my daughter signed me up, showed me the ropes and I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...