Thursday, August 30, 2012

Layout Love Linky - August 2012

We have reached the end of August and you know what that means? Fall is just around the corner AND it's time for another Layout Love Linky! What's this, you ask? Layout Love Linky is a place for us all to say, "hey! look at this! I made it and I love it!" I use this as a place to post layouts from the month that aren't getting their own blog post. You know... so they don't feel left out. But, if you have a project you love and you want it to get more love... link up! We are not limited to layouts, anything goes. And, there are even surprise prizes each month. YAY!

Did you win some fun new CHA goodies for linking up last time? You will have to scroll to the end to find out.

But, in the mean time... here are my unblogged layouts for the month of August.
This past month, I ended up focusing quite a bit on my albums and their continuity. I use Shimelle's system, one that she goes into great depth on in her class, Cover to Cover, so I am always thinking about this. However, this month seemed to be more focused on making divider and intro pages and such. Wondering where to get 12x12 prints that won't break the bank? Persnickity Prints! They are the best!

Here goes:




















As usual, many of the layouts you see here were also scrapped for various challenges and/or sketches. Click on soapHOUSEscraps over there in on the right to see all the details in my Two Peas Gallery.

Thanks to everyone who linked up last time! I hope your layouts received some love. If you haven't checked out the gorgeous link-ups, click on over here to take in some of this beauty: 
Wondering why the Times Square layout is on there twice? Because that is the randomly chosen winner, that's why! Well, and because my collage creator software has some more specific ideas... which is also why Dawn's gorgeous chevron layout is on there twice too! But, at any rate... CONGRATS Laura!

Laura, I have emailed you for your address and will be sending you some goodies soon! And, if you haven't been over to Laura's blog: Who Is This Chick?... what are you waiting for? She rocks!

So, go ahead and link up your projects and let's share some love! You have an entire month to enter and I can't wait to see all of your creations. And, all you have to do to be put in the random drawing is Link up and include a link back. Easy Peasy! Wonder what the prize will be next month? Hmmmmmmm....

28 comments:

  1. awesome as always~how do you get 12x12 photos? cm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie! I emailed you too but thought I would post here... I order them from persnicketyprints.com - they are the best!!!

      Delete
  2. These are all amazing!!! You sure pump out the layouts, and every one of them ROCKS!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I have seen them already on 2 peas but wow! To see them together on here is even more mind blowing!!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are great!!! I loved the "before & after" So clever!!! Well...I always make posts for my layouts because my free time is very limited and I don't make many...so I can't play along...
    Hugs!!!xxx
    p.s Congrats to Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  5. \love the two big pics - I must remember to print some of mine out like that! I am also in love with all the cameras on your lens layout. Its fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the big photos - those are awesome-- great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many amazing layouts... the 12x12 photos are astonishing, and the Tiny Princess is adorable, but (like I play at art galleries) if I had to pick one to take home, it'd be Changing My Lens - wit as well as beauty, fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them all, but the 12x12 photo layouts are so striking and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOh, Lucky me. Thank You Ashli. I love following your blog, you are such an inspiration in your style and daring new techniques. And I'm a Shimelle girl too, lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. love them allllll. changing my lens is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Love the 12x12 photos. Awesome as always...........

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great pages!!
    Thanks for the Persnickety recommendation. I have been thinking of trying them out :)
    I tried to link up today, but it wasn't working for me.
    I'll try later.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome layouts, love the large photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pages, really love the camping layout with the big photo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that Before and After layout. I wish I had done something like that. Such a wonderful memory to capture. Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome layouts! I LOVE those little houses on the beach layout. So cute. :)

    Thanks for hosting another fun linky love. I found some really cool projects last time, looking forward to seeing what everyone else shares.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness that family fun page is KILLING IT!! Complete and TOTAL mixed media fabulosity! I LOVE your 12x12 pages!!! II'm actually working on a project right now but have ben using panoramic photos- SO going to try Persnickety! Thanks for the reminder- been using them for 2x2 photos from Instagram. This post is insane- I can' believe how prolific you are! And you always manage to work the pages too- how do you do it! Inquiring minds need to know! Schedule ideas! Organization? My main problem is lack of space so when I get started I spend half my time just trying to find the things I need for a page- I have to have nested boxes in order to keep everything in the tiny mount of space I have- it's a total time waster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya! I emailed you but thought I would post here too :)


      As far as time and finding it... well, there are a few things about my life that make it super easy for me to scrap away:
      1. we are home A LOT.
      2. My studio also is the room where the kiddos and I spend most of our time. So, while they are working on crafts or playing, I can too.
      3. We don't watch TV. So, other than surf the net, knit, and read... I SCRAP!
      4. My kids are all in bed by 7. This gives lots of evening hours to play
      5. I steal moments during the day to do things that require drying time. For example, send kids up stairs to make their beds... mommy applies acrylic paint through stencil. It will be dry by nap time.
      6. Speaking of nap time... we still do that. EVERY DAY. It is without question. They don't have to sleep, but they have to look at a book quietly in their bed. What is mommy doing? Scrapping.
      7. When do I cook and clean? With the kids. They are involved in all of the daily household things with me so that they can learn too. This insures that we are spending time together and the house is taken care of so that when its play time, I can play with them and when it's nap time, I can do my own playing.
      8. Practically speaking, for organization... I don't have anything fancy, but... I keep everything where I can see it. If I can't see it or reach for it, it's not getting used. I have a basic u-shaped set up with the rolling plastic drawers underneath. I also don't keep much on hand, so that if I do have to flip through something to find anything... it takes a very small amount of time.

      Delete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the pages with the giant prints. I am making a list now of pics I want to develop and scrap like that. I also linked up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, this is the unblogged stuff? You are a prolific scrapper. I came over from Out Of The Mire, and picked the perfect time, it seems. Lovely stuff here - especially that Tiny Princess page.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love waking up to such a eye-feast this Sunday morning! So much gorgeous-ness. I love the way you scrapped with the 12x12 photos. I am going to have to give this a try! The before/after layout, is precious! LOVE the idea and the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow..all the layouts are fantastic! ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You amaze and inspire me with all of these layouts. That first 12x12 photo really knocked me down and out, incredible. Also had to chuckle at that then/now photo with no feet!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Whew, you have been busy! These are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's interesting to see what some of your favorite "things" were this month -- although there is a tremendous amount of variety, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...